Which of these Heavyweight prospects will reach the top?

WelshDevilRob

I've had high hopes for Makhmudov for the last few years. -  But after beating Wach and Takam,  seemingly poised for the big time, he's basically petered out.  He took an easy fight at the end of 2022,  then fought only once this year and against some nobody, with no upcoming fight scheduels.

And the guy is 34 years old.   tick,  tick,  tick ........

• Thanks 1

Fabio Wardley is another seriously talented HW who just isn't fighting enough.

Again, ONE fight in 2023, with nothing else scheduled.

--------------

Same for Frank Sanchez, and his one opponent had a 20-10 record.

What's wrong with these teams?  Do they want to wait until they've slowed down to fight for a title?

Mike Tyson fought something like 15 times per year, the 2 years leading up to his HW championship.

• Thanks 1

Same for the terrifying Ivan Dychko.

Same for Martin Bakole, who's had ONE fight each year for the last four years.

And for Lukasz Rozanski, who's already 37 y-o.   He only fought once in 2022, and once in 2023.

Well, at least his win this year was over Alen (the human cabbage) Babic.   A decent win, I guess.

Sigh ...........

• Thanks 1

Sensing a trend here:

Murat Gassiev, once arguably the most formidable CW not named Usyk and now fighting at  HW,  who I'd give anything to see in a rematch against Usyk, only this time at HW:

Fought once in 2020.  (His first HW bought.)   Once in 2021,  once in 2022,  and once in 2023.

And he's not even fighting outside of Eastern Europe.

---------

How is anyone supposed to get excited about this ridiculous sport?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Cableaddict said:

I've had high hopes for Makhmudov for the last few years. -  But after beating Wach and Takam,  seemingly poised for the big time, he's basically petered out.  He took an easy fight at the end of 2022,  then fought only once this year and against some nobody, with no upcoming fight scheduels.

And the guy is 34 years old.   tick,  tick,  tick ........

Agree, mate. He certainly seems to be the dangerman of the division. He was fighting and promoted out of Canada. His last fight was on a Top Rank card. Can't see any info about, whether, if he's now promoted by Bob Arum or not. He's not featuring much in the current alphabet rankings, maybe, the Russian angle is being held against him?

Heavyweight.png

Heavyweight1.png

• Thanks 1

Fabio Wardley is another seriously talented HW who just isn't fighting enough.

Again, ONE fight in 2023, with nothing else scheduled.

--------------

Same for Frank Sanchez, and his one opponent had a 20-10 record.

What's wrong with these teams?  Do they want to wait until they've slowed down to fight for a title?

Mike Tyson fought something like 15 times per year, the 2 years leading up to his HW championship.

Fabio should be out again soon. He has to fight Frank Warren's promoted boxer David Adeleye (12-0, 11 KOs). Only 26-years-old. Reminds me of the rapper Tim Dog. Has ability and I'm really interested to see how the fight with Fabio plays out.

Fabio's fights have been promoted by Eddie Hearn (Matchroom). But, he's managed by Dillian Whyte. Before the Whyte PED test ruled him out of the AJ fight, Hearn would've been the one at the ordered purse bid, ordered by the BBBoC, for Wardley vs Adeleye.

Now it seems it will be Dillian vs Frank Warren to bid to stage the Wardley vs Adeleye fight. Originally, it was meant to be Wardley vs Frazer Clarke, but Clarke's promoter (Boxxer) pulled out the day of the purse bid. Much to the annoyance of Eddie. (Has happened again since, Boxxer pulling out of a purse bid against Hearn).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sensing a trend here:

Murat Gassiev, once arguably the most formidable CW not named Usyk and now fighting at  HW,  who I'd give anything to see in a rematch against Usyk, only this time at HW:

Fought once in 2020.  (His first HW bought.)   Once in 2021,  once in 2022,  and once in 2023.

And he's not even fighting outside of Eastern Europe.

---------

How is anyone supposed to get excited about this ridiculous sport?

Not sure what is going on with this guy. His win over Mike Balogun looked a bit dodgy (as you pointed out at the time).

There are plenty of boxing shows in Russia, so would expect to see him fight. Maybe, with all the international sanctions on Russia, there isn't that much money for boxing like there was, is my uneducated guess.

• Thanks 1

Same for the terrifying Ivan Dychko.

Same for Martin Bakole, who's had ONE fight each year for the last four years.

And for Lukasz Rozanski, who's already 37 y-o.   He only fought once in 2022, and once in 2023.

Well, at least his win this year was over Alen (the human cabbage) Babic.   A decent win, I guess.

Sigh ...........

I looked into Dychko a few months back. Couldn't figure out who he was promoted by. He seemed to be on cards that had multiple smaller US promoters working together, in Argentina. Not sure who is guiding him but his choice of opponents seems strange - Mo Harris and Ray Austin are 90s/2000s guys.

Lukasz Rozanski is old and limited. I doubt he'd last a round with a serious contender. It'd be a 50/50 fight with the old, shot Lucas Browne.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Cableaddict said:

The same to be said for the insanely talented Bakhodir Jalolov.

At least he's still "only" 29 y-o,  but what is his team waiting for?

He just had an easy win against an inept, huge Nigerian boxer. Think he was trying to qualify for the Olympics, which is ridiculous. Manny Pacquiao is trying to take part as well - The World has gone mad but looks like a new group is taking over Amateur boxing, so normal service should resume.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WelshDevilRob said:

Fabio should be out again soon. He has to fight Frank Warren's promoted boxer David Adeleye (12-0, 11 KOs). Only 26-years-old. Reminds me of the rapper Tim Dog. Has ability and I'm really interested to see how the fight with Fabio plays out.

Thx.  

That's a rather mouth-watering matchup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2023 at 12:59 AM, Cableaddict said:

Thx.  

That's a rather mouth-watering matchup.

Saudi hosting it on the Fury vs Ngannu undercard. Though could be off, after the brawl at yesterday's press conference. Adeleye pushed Wardley. A mass brawl followed. Wardley got dropped and cut. Tons of vids on YouTube of it.

• Thanks 1

I'm more impressed with Adeleye after every new fight. He seems to be improving quickly.  His fight with Dominic Musili was a near masterclass,  though against an average opponent of course.  He still had that incredible defensive movement, crazy fast hands and reflexes,  but started to show a lot more patience and rings smarts.  This guy is a SERIOUS contender.  

Too bad he pulled that inexcusably offensive stunt at Fabio's interview.  Now I have to hate the guy.

lol ...

Same for Fabio.  What a massive talent, but what a dirty, cheating POS he is.  The absolute king of deliberate rabbit-punching, with a string of paid-off refs letting him get away with it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So who to root for?

For the good of the sport, I'd like both of these guys to win.

For the good of humanity, I'd like both of these guys to lose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1