Which of these Heavyweight prospects will reach the top?

WelshDevilRob

In other news: (A True Story)

Earlier today, my doctor diagnosed me with mild asthma. He prescribed a daily inhaler with something called "Trelegy Ellipta."

Good thing my insurance covers it, because the bloody thing costs $725 for a 30 day supply.

Now THAT'S what I call a "lucrative Trelegy!" d35383db-00e9-4644-bee6-b7f9dab3f9e6 :haha:

- - Near $9K for a few puffs daily is daylight robbery.

Folks used to move out West when they had these problems...God Bless...

• Like 1

Tristan Kalkreuth, 20-years-old, from Texas, USA. Interesting look, reminds me of the Simpsons.

His record is 9-1, 7 KOs. The loss came when his shoulder popped out but he kept jabbing and did 6 rounds but lost to a journeyman. Plenty of time and a nice right hand KO win, in his most recent fight.

Timothy Hatfield from Rhode Island, USA. Got the size at 6'7. Looked decent but has lost to another undefeated Heavyweight Quintin Sumpter. 28-year-old Timothy, scored three first round knockouts before the MD loss in his most recent fight.

• Like 1

Interesting look, reminds me of the Simpsons..... .

LOL. I sort of see it.

Kalkreuth looks pretty good so far. Nice reach, good balance, Patient, and very defense-minded.

But he has yet to face a single serious opponent. Deontay Wilder would laugh at his current resume.

Still, definitely a guy to watch.

• Like 1

Maryland's Mike Balogun is undefeated at 19-0, 15 Kos. 6'1 and 230lbs. Been a professional since 2014, but at 38-years-old, needs to get a move on. Just beat Mexican journeyman Sergio Ramirez Marin, in two, and did a good job over his limited opponent. Balogun was the man who KO'd Trey Lippe Morrison in a round.

Michael Pirotton, 25, from Belguim. Looks the part and after five wins, has relocated to the US. He's teamed up with trainer Manny Robles. Just beat undefeated American Jonathan Gruber. Gruber is not a body beautiful type. Gruber was game but uncoordinated. Pirotton ground him down - round after round. 6'5 Pirotton (6-0, 3 KOS), looks like he lacks power but, is an interesting addition.

Edited by WelshDevilRob
  • Like 1

I just noticed that one of my fave prospects, Bakhodir Jalolov, has been doing well since I last checked. Not great opponents, but at least two ko's within the last 6 months. I hope he starts fighting in the West soon, and against real competition.

Three weeks out from Bakole - Yoka.

I still can't believe this fight is even happening. If Bakole can manage to come through with an impressive showing and KO, I wonder who he's be able to fight next?

Hopefully a major top-ten guy, though there are so many great fighters right now just below that status that would make for great fights:

Two weeks out from the circus that is Hrgovic - Zhang

And a guy that has looked very good in the past, 10 (7) - 0 Roney Hines, has a fight on May 14th in Madrid.

Hines moves REALLY well for a guy 6'6". Keep an eye out, He has talent.

-------------------------------

Other important Heavies, who could really stir things up if they'd just bloody fight each other:

Anderson, Sanchez, Hrgovic, Fabio Wardley, Otto Wallin, Vladyslav Sirenko .... even Trey Lippe, who I still think has huge potential.

And where the frig is Murat Gassiev? He hasn't fought in 9 months, and nothing scheduled.

Same for undefeated Lkasz Rozanski. He took out Ugonoh on 2019, took out Szpilka last May, and now nothing, zilch .....

And Joe Joyce: his last fight was the TKO of old man Takam, last July. I guess that at 36 y-o, he figures he's in no hurry.

Fat Andy? He's evidently holed up in some fried chicken joint, after beating Arreola ELEVEN MONTHS AGO. :noidea: Maybe he opened a donut shop.

Remember those days when hungry prospects like young Mike Tyson used to fight 10x a year? Sigh ........................

Edited by Cableaddict
  • Like 2

And what's the opinion on "Monster" Mike Balogun, the guy who made Trey Lippe Morrison wish he was never born?

The man is on a KO streak of destruction. Therre isn't too much of him on da' toob, but he appears to be a Mac truck with gloves.

Maybe the next George Foreman? Or Liston? Or at least Shavers?

This guy hit's opponents in their gloves and their shoes fly off.

I have no idea if the man has skills, but remind me to never piss him off. :haha:

Edited by Cableaddict
  • Like 2

Fat Andy? He's evidently holed up in some fried chicken joint, after beating Arreola ELEVEN MONTHS AGO. :noidea: Maybe he opened a donut shop.

Ruiz tried to sign on for a fight with Glory Kickboxer Tyrone Spong (unbeaten as a traditional boxer but no fights in 3 years). Triller claimed ignorance that he'd already signed to fight King Kong Ortiz. Plausible but surely Ruiz couldn't claim to have forgotten he'd signed the Ortiz contract. Not a good look suggesting Ruiz wanted out of the Ortiz fight which Ortiz has been drooling over for years. Don't expect Ruiz-Ortiz to go well for Ruiz which would place Ortiz in the top 5 range in the division.

• 2 weeks later...

Filip Hrgović withdraws from Zhang Zhilei fight after his father passes away.

Zhilei Zhang (23-0-1, 18 KOs) will now take on Scott Alexander (16-4-2, 8 KOs). Will China's Zhang become the first to stop the American?

The fight is on the Bivol vs Alvarez undercard on DAZN, this Saturday.

• Like 1

Zhilei Zhang (23-0-1, 18 KOs) will now take on Scott Alexander (16-4-2, 8 KOs). Will China's Zhang become the first to stop the American?

My prediction, based on Zang's illustrious career: Alexander goes down and stays down, after the first punch that Zang manages to get within 6" of his face.

Thus furthering Zang's "reputation" and possibly making the Hrgovic fight a bigger money-maker.

• Like 2

My prediction, based on Zang's illustrious career: Alexander goes down and stays down, after the first punch that Zang manages to get within 6" of his face.

Thus furthering Zang's "reputation" and possibly making the Hrgovic fight a bigger money-maker.

Fair play, Cable - you got the round spot on. Though Alexander turned up in shape and it was a rocket that KO'd him.

• Like 1

Fair play, Cable - you got the round spot on. Though Alexander turned up in shape and it was a rocket that KO'd him.

--- Eyes crossed up and rolling back as he collapsed backwards.

I've noticed that Zang seems to have learned how to punch his size and very dangerous in those first few rounds. Hrgvic seems to me something of a slow starter and a plodder and might find himself in dire straights if he don't tend to bizness.

• Like 1

I've noticed that Zang seems to have learned how to punch his size and very dangerous in those first few rounds. .

Yeah, he's dangerous when his opponent is clearly not trying to win.

Alexander didn't throw a single meaningful shot. He was even missing most of his "punches" by about 6".

Just before the end, he dropped his right hand, while throwing a weak, short left jab. He might as well have shouted "NOW! hit me now! "

Same as it ever was.

• Like 1

Ivan Dychko finally has a bout scheduled, for April 16th.

Sadly, again due to his lousy management, he's facing the dreaded "TBA," at only three weeks out.

Just more lost time .........

I just realized that this fight fell through. !#$%##$#%# !

Even more lost time for the fastest 6'9" fighter this sport has ever seen.

• Like 1

I'm absolutely convinced Yoka-Bakole will end up with Yoka getting a gift of a decision.

Well, he did, basically.

One judge having it even, when Bakole literally won every round plus scored two KD's.

And the other cards were also just inexcusable.

Yoka now gets to spend the rest of his life claiming it was a close fight, when in reality he was massively humiliated and exposed.

Same as it ever was.

Edited by Cableaddict
  • Like 1

Gurgen Hovhannisyan Huge guy. Could drop some weight to get even faster afoot and improve his hand speed but not bad as it is. Considering he's just 24 with 3 pro fights thus far. Armenian being developed in Southern California. Been getting spots on PBC undercards from his debut.
  • Like 1

Well, he did, basically.

One judge having it even, when Bakole literally won every round plus scored two KD's.

And the other cards were also just inexcusable.

Yoka now gets to spend the rest of his life claiming it was a close fight, when in reality he was massively humiliated and exposed.

Same as it ever was.

Yep the judges managed to match, if not surpass, the ineptitude/corruption of the Canelo-Bivol clowns.

• Like 1

Christopher Lovejoy (20-1, 20KOs) has been on Twitter calling out undefeated, novice UK Heavyweights for several months. His record = padded. He was pulled out of a UK fight with Dave Allen, last minute due to management issues with DK. He got a 'big' fight in 2021, when stopped in two by Mahmoud Charr (who'd been inactive a few years).

315lb Chris bounced back with a first-round KO win and spent the rest of the time, seemingly, on Twitter.

After a 'chance' meeting with Eddie Hearn, in the US, he seems to have landed himself a fight with 'The Romford Bull'. Johnny Fisher is 5-0, 4 Kos. Should be an early night for the 23-year-old Englishman.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heavyweights Bakhodir Jalolov and George Arias remain unbeaten

https://www.ringnews24.com/2022/06/12/heavyweights-bakhodir-jalolov-and-george-arias-remain-unbeaten/

Jalolov is huge with good movement and power. Jololov, from Uzbekistan, was the Gold medalist in Tokyo. He's 27 and now 11-0, 11 KOs.

I quite enjoyed the Arias vs Green fight, though some described it as boring. Arias deserved the win, has fast hands but lack of power. Green is ok but a bit static - doesn't react quick enough.

• Like 1

Heavyweights Bakhodir Jalolov and George Arias remain unbeaten

https://www.ringnews24.com/2022/06/12/heavyweights-bakhodir-jalolov-and-george-arias-remain-unbeaten/

Jalolov is huge with good movement and power. Jololov, from Uzbekistan, was the Gold medalist in Tokyo. He's 27 and now 11-0, 11 KOs.

Agreed. I've been hyping Jalovov for quite some time, as you know.

The guy is 6'7" but moves like a MW.

Great jab, great body attacks, great footwork.

He reminds me a lot of the great, but never gets his chance Ivan Dytchko, only with better balance. Plus, unlike Dytchko, time isn't running out for Jalolov.

• Like 2

Exciting news:

Lakasz Rozanski will be facing Oscar Rivas on August 13th .

Now THIS is an interesting fight. I like Rozanski a lot. He's fearless and has SERIOUS power. (He took out Ugonoh back when Ugonoh was still a monster) - but he's never fought outside of Poland before, so...

Also, he only has a 74" reach, so Rivas is a very tough match for him, stylistically.

I can't imagine why team Rivas would take this fight, as it's high risk / low reward, but I'm all for it........

• Like 2

Exciting news:

Lakasz Rozanski will be facing Oscar Rivas on August 13th .

Now THIS is an interesting fight. I like Rozanski a lot. He's fearless and has SERIOUS power. (He took out Ugonoh back when Ugonoh was still a monster) - but he's never fought outside of Poland before, so...

Also, he only has a 74" reach, so Rivas is a very tough match for him, stylistically.

I can't imagine why team Rivas would take this fight, as it's high risk / low reward, but I'm all for it........

Well, he's going to Colombia for the fight. Looks a decent match-up, is it for Rivas Bridgerweight belt?

• Like 1

Agreed. I've been hyping Jalovov for quite some time, as you know.

The guy is 6'7" but moves like a MW.

Great jab, great body attacks, great footwork.

He reminds me a lot of the great, but never gets his chance Ivan Dytchko, only with better balance. Plus, unlike Dytchko, time isn't running out for Jalolov.

Ivan is only 31 but yeah needs to step up and stop feeding on fossils. Jalovov is one of the best prospects I've seen, at Heavyweight. Needs to improve his inside game though, can't keep holding.

• Like 1