Hearn plays down Prizefighter, would you bring it back?

The_budweiser

Eddie Hearn:

“When we were doing Prizefighters, I couldn’t count the number of tweets that we were getting, saying: ‘This is rubbish, get rid of Prizefighter,’ and now they’re saying: ‘Bring Prizefighter back, it’s great’”

“With the stable we’ve built, I can’t afford to use a Prizefighter date instead of a Saturday night fight night. We have a budget with our relationship with Sky [sports] and, if I do a Prizefighter, I’m taking a Saturday night fight night away, which might service 10 of my fighters.

“I’d like to do one more as a little closer, but it’s tough to do [under the conditions of the Sky deal] and I think it’s done now.”

----------

Ever heard of renegotiating Eddie and see if you can get more dates just for Prizefighter?

I enjoyed it, few things I would change in it though. Number of rounds in the final, back up 1 vs back up 2 if a fighter pulls out injured after the semi final etc..

Do you miss Prizefighter? Would you bring it back?

Re: Hearn plays down Prizefighter, would you bring it back?

Didn't know they'd stopped them....great news...it was fun for a few years, but it ran it's course.

Hearn has built up a good stable and can easily lay claim to be the biggest and best British promoter now. Why waste money on the pub style brawls?

Didn't know they'd stopped them....great news...it was fun for a few years, but it ran it's course.

I enjoy them as a one off event as long as they ain't putting them on every few months. Two shows a year would be good.

Shame Hearn doesn't offer them up for free TV.

I know they haven't been on for a while but I didn't realise they stopped them..............I use to like them, they were fast and furious and a good night of action.

But then I found they were coming on more frequent and it got a bit much - I'd like to see it back but maybe a couple a year.........

I know they haven't been on for a while but I didn't realise they stopped them..............I use to like them, they were fast and furious and a good night of action.

But then I found they were coming on more frequent and it got a bit much - I'd like to see it back but maybe a couple a year.........

I suppose it gives another promoter the opportunity to offer ITV this format as they are looking at maybe showing 20 events a year or even channel 5.

I suppose it gives another promoter the opportunity to offer ITV this format as they are looking at maybe showing 20 events a year or even channel 5.

Yeah I saw that - it can only be a good thing showing the fights on ITV again.........I saw Al Haymon's name being mentioned too.........I was hoping that maybe some of the fights on state side might be shown on there (like the fights that happened last week) or maybe I'm just wishful thinking.......

20th Jan - John Ryder vs Sergey Khomitsky - I think that was the last event Scott.

http://boxrec.com/person/596434?role=promoter

So that's 4 weeks...hmmm and I suspect that was the first in a while too...Cheers Sky, you really do treat us!

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk

It had some good and great moment, and was interesting when a recognized name was taking part.For the most part though it wasn't really a fun but it a had a great impact.