Which sanctioning body do you rate?

Irishfan

Which sanctioning body do you rate?  

1. 1. Which sanctioning body do you rate?

• WBO
    • WBC
    • WBA
    • IBF

Ok, so of the four "big" world titles/sanctioning bodies, which do you guys rate the highest?

With the WBC getting some flack for being corrupt, and creating their "diamond" and "emeritus" world titles to which de-value their regular "world" title...and the WBA doing the same thing with their "super" world champions, it seems to me like they can basically pick their world champs.

Obviously, there is money involved as they want to have as many "world" title fights as possible, but it seems stupid that one sanctioning body can have multiple world champions.

What do you guys think?

No IBF in the poll? Want that adding?

The WBA are a joke, the WBO are Euro-centric, the IBF seem Africa centric so the WBC, for all their faults, win.

Yeah sorry mate, I tried to add IBF a few times but it wouldnt appear in the poll after I tried to edit it! cry//

No IBF in the poll? Want that adding?

The WBA are a joke, the WBO are Euro-centric, the IBF seem Africa centric so the WBC, for all their faults, win.

Yeah sorry mate, I tried to add IBF a few times but it wouldnt appear in the poll after I tried to edit it! cry//

SORTED

they are all pathetic.

the WBA is by far the worst. completely pathetic group of "people" raping the sport. also, david haye is their heavyweight champion... enough said LOL

a few years ago i would have probably said the WBC is the most legit, but i just cant stand the amount of drama that suleiman causes. at least the others keep themselves out of the press. plus the silver and diamond belts are ridiculous. as far as how the belts look, i like the WBC the best :D

the IBF at least seems to follow its own rules. looking down their rankings only w.klitschko s.cunningham and l.bute are really legit as champions

the WBO seems to have the most legitimate champions: g.segura, n.doniare, j.marquez, t.bradley, and w.klitschko.

so, WBO it is...

WBA have been horrible recently...they are by far the worst for making stupid decisions, having far far far too many belts, and generally cashing in by having so many versions of what should be a single title.

The WBC have also been useless recently, although historically they were the best and most respected org. They've slipped a LOT in recent years though, and are no longer what they once were.

The IBF aren't great but they're head and shoulders above the WBC and WBA right now.

The WBO used to have the worst champions, and one of the worst for having far too many "in-house" champions (i.e. appearing to be run by a handful of promoters rather than the body itself). They've improved in the past 5 years though, and at this point in time are probably the best.

It's a 2 horse race between the WBO and IBF anyway, as the other 2 have been hopeless.

I know the IBO's rating are nothing to write home about but they are trying and they will eventually establish themselves. People, boxers, promoters, and managers need to start going there way to help them along. They'll need to make some changes in the algorithm for ranking fighters but nothing to hate them for.

http://www.iboboxing.com/ibo_levine_strike_a_blow_for_integrity.html

Ring rankings pretty good and only the top two can fight for the belt.

I know the IBO's rating are nothing to write home about but they are trying and they will eventually establish themselves. People, boxers, promoters, and managers need to start going there way to help them along. They'll need to make some changes in the algorithm for ranking fighters but nothing to hate them for.

http://www.iboboxing.com/ibo_levine_strike_a_blow_for_integrity.html

Ring rankings pretty good and only the top two can fight for the belt.

IBO is crap

Some stupid santioning body crap from this weekend RE the IBF:

They forced through Molitor v Ndlovu III

They let Casimero fight in a world title fight in a new weigth despite losing his previous fight at a lower weight (never a fan of this)

They stripped Gamboa for not going to a mandatory weight in, last time their featherweight title was on the line they stripped Salido for failing that weigh in

RE the WBA-

They are in a messed up position at featherweight, with Gamboa classed as the "unified" champion despite only holding the WBA title. This was the 4th sanctioning fee at 126 they have claimed since December 4th, and the 2nd they have claimed in 2 weeks (Barros defended the regular title on the 12th of March), John v Yordan will fight on 17th April meaning 3 sets of sanctioning fees in 5 weeks!

I used to rate the WBC, but these days they all seem like crooks to me.

They just need to have one sanctioning body or maybe even two and leave it at that. 6 or 7 weight divisions but there's so much money and greed involved in sport that I don't see that happening. It's just going to get worse.

Some of the casual boxing fans I know get so confused when I show them fights, they ask things like 'so he's the champ/I though he was the champ/Is that the real belt or the fake one!' ;)

None Of Them.

As long as they take sanction fees and spend them on air fares, 5 star hotels and such like for their " officials " they are all parasites.

don't leave out the hookers mate, no sanctioning body worth their salt can do without a supply of willing girls

None Of Them.

As long as they take sanction fees and spend them on air fares, 5 star hotels and such like for their " officials " they are all parasites.

don't leave out the hookers mate, no sanctioning body worth their salt can do without a supply of willing girls

Oops my bad tel. Probably rent boys too for those of that persuasion. mlol/ mlol/

I don't think you can trust any of them, but what the poll is showing is that if the Valley of the Worthless, the WBA still stands out among the Crowd as Useless.

How do you feel about the IBO davemuph?

Edsel-

I like that they use the Computer rather than just straight Greed/Racketeering, but in some cases the rankings aren't very good doing that and for various reasons they end up with some weaker Champs, also I used to credit them for NOT taking a sanctioning fee, but I understand that might not be the case anymore :(

None Of Them.

Oops my bad tel. Probably rent boys too for those of that persuasion. mlol/ mlol/

Dahhmn!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
IBF seem to be keeping out of trouble.

Their upcoming middleweight tournament, their Heavyweight eliminators, their weigh in rules...they may not be WBA bad but they aren't crystal clean

They are trying.

The Heavyweight tournament was a decent idea its just that the original fighters invited in: Boytsov, Dimitchenko, Mormeck had other things to do. grin//