Haye and Froch to fight on same bill

WelshDevilRob

DAVID Haye and Carl Froch could fight on the same London bill this summer with both British boxers defending their world titles.

Haye is set to take on Russlan Chagaev in the third defence of his WBA world heavyweight title on May 21, as Froch defends his WBC world super-middleweight crown against Glen Johnson.

Despite lengthy negotiations, Haye has missed out on a clash with fellow world title holders, the Klitschko brothers Vitali and Wladimir, and will instead fight former world champion Chagaev.

Chagaev, 32, suffered the only defeat of his career against Wladimir in 2009, but has nothing like the crowd appeal of the Ukrainian siblings, while Froch knows victory over Jamaican Johnson will catapult him into the ‘Super Six World Series’ final, a Showtime TV-backed tournament to decide the best 12-stone fighter in the world.

Source:

http://www.express.co.uk/

Primetime have the rights to all the super6 stuff though, so sky box office can hardly show him in the summer, can they?

Pretty sure they were buying it up on a fight by fight basis.

Would be good to see them on the same bill, but it's highly unlikely.

Both men can command "main event" status, and I think it's the lack of undercard potential on Haye's part, that he needs to co-headline, where a natural high-selling opponent is not in his opposite corner.

The Harrison fight was a first of it's kind in that respect, and for most people, also the last.

Pretty sure primetime was buying them fight buy fight because sky didn't want them

Yer, there was no contract with primtime, sky were just complete disgrace not showing Froch fight.

If this happens I will try and get ringside seats for this, They are my 2 favorite fighters.

You can tell that thats crap when they mention a date for Haye v Chagaev ;-)

Yeah, we all know that Chagaev is getting shot down by the BBBofC, so when I saw that, I didn't take it serious. I like the idea of Froch being on Sky, but anything involving Dave Haye gets automatically tossed in the Pure Speculation Basket.

anything involving Dave Haye gets automatically tossed in the Pure Speculation Basket.

Agreed, until there is a signed contract, venue booked etc you can't say either way with Haye. It would be a good line up though, that said, both he and Froch have crowd appeal so splitting the maine events may make more business sense.

• 2 weeks later...
anything involving Dave Haye gets automatically tossed in the Pure Speculation Basket.

Agreed, until there is a signed contract, venue booked etc you can't say either way with Haye. It would be a good line up though, that said, both he and Froch have crowd appeal so splitting the maine events may make more business sense.

Yeah, at this point I just can't see Froch being willing to share the Bill. Froch-Johnson is going to do fine on it's own, I would think.

Spoke to some lads at the weekend who are quite well in with the froch camp and they said this deffo isn't happening and there's a great chance it'll be in England. How true this is I don't know but they said they'd be an announcement before end of feb. Oh and the semis would NOT be on the same night