Klitschko vs Chisora on April 30, Haye Talks Fall Apart?

WelshDevilRob

Klitschko vs Chisora on April 30, Haye Talks Fall Apart?

Dereck Chisora was celebrating tonight after it was confirmed he will fight Wladimir Klitschko in Germany on April 30.

The British and Commonwealth champion was left devastated when Klitschko pulled out of their December 11 clash after tearing an abdominal muscle in training.

But Del Boy never gave up hope that he would earn a second chance against the IBF and WBO world champion.

And today the fight was sealed for the end of April.

"This news is a fantastic late Christmas present," said the north Londoner.

"I always believed that I would fight Klitschko, and my faith has been repaid.

"I was a bit worried that he might try and fight an easier touch, but I think I've earned my opportunity.

"I was gutted when Wladimir pulled out of our fight just a couple of days beforehand.

"But now I've got another chance to take his titles away.

"He's a great world champion, but his time at the top is well and truly up.

"My promoter Frank Warren has done a great job in getting me this opportunity because there was no guarantee Wladimir would fight me again after he got injured.

Source:

www.boxingscene.com

Just read that Wlad and Haye agreed on everything but they couldnt find a date that was suitable for sky and rtl until the 2nd july, wlad didnt want to be out of the ring for that long and haye didnt want him to fight before he fought him

Remember Wlad does fight 3 times a year anyway, unlike Haye...so get the Chisora fight out there and by late summer "it's on"

Klitschko vs Haye on July 2, Khan Forces Chisora Dance

By Rick Reeno

BoxingScene.com spoke with Bernd Boente, manager of WBO/IBO/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (55-3, 49KOs), who explained the situation with the David Haye (25-1, 23KOs) negotiations and the rescheduled rematch with Dereck Chisora (14-0, 9KOs).

The negotiations for a unification with Haye, the WBA champion, have been ongoing for the last three weeks. The two sides reached an ageement on all of the major issues, but faced a big problem with setting a date that worked for a potential venue, and both cable networks, Sky Sports in England and RTL in Germany.

According to Boente, the date of April 30 was a workable venue date, and it worked for RTL, but Sky Sports was not willing to do two pay-per-views in the same month. Sky has a pay-per-view scheduled on April 16, with Amir Khan defending the WBA 140-pound title. The opponent has not been finalized for Khan. The British network refused to accommodate Klitschko-Haye. Sky was unwilling to move Khan's fight to another date.

There were no dates in May or June that worked for both networks. The first available date, that works for both networks, and a potential venue - is July 2. Both sides have a tentative agreement to fight on the July date.

Klitschko was scheduled to face Chisora on December 11. He withdrew a few days before the fight with an abdominal injury. The Klitschko camp was contractually bound to a 30-day window to reschedule the fight with Chisora or move forward with another opponent. The deadline was January 6.

Klitschko has not fought since the knockout of Samuel Peter on September 11, and he refused to wait nine months before taking another fight. Wladimir wanted to take a fight prior to meeting Haye. Boente and Frank Warren, promoter for Chisora, agreed to reschedule their fight to April 30.

"We have been in negotiations with Haye's side for three weeks regarding dates and venues in Germany and England but nothing worked. The main point, Sky was not willing to do a second pay-per-view in the same month. They didn't want to move the Khan fight. There were no dates that worked in May or June, so the first available date that worked for everyone was July 2. Sky gave their confirmation this morning," Boente told BoxingScene.com.

"July 2 will be for the Haye fight, but Wladimir is not willing to wait nine months for his next fight. He wants to do the Chisora fight. We have no problem with Haye doing another fight inbetween. Our deadline was always tomorrow to inform Frank Warren about Chisora."

What joke...just goes to show how far backwards the heavyweight division has fallen...im sure like most real fans they will ignore anything and everything that happens in this sad division...the cruiserweight division is more exciting and interesting than the heavys...lol

otley (finishing the turkey)!!!

Eh eh!!!

Booth's been causing trouble again it seems.....

Boente said the earliest date for the fight they could come up with that suited the networks and tallied with venue availability was 2 July. Both sides were willing to fight on that date, Boente said. However, he added that Haye and manager/trainer Adam Booth refused to allow Klitschko to take the 30 April interim fight with Chisora.

"They would not accept that, but Wladimir was not willing to wait another six months and have it be 10 months since his last fight against Sam Peter [in September]," Boente said.

Boente said Haye could also have taken an interim fight and then faced Klitschko on 2 July.

That's according to BBC Sport anyway.

So is the Haye-Wlad fight set for July or not? It seems it could be but Boente seems to be suggesting it might not?

If it was set in stone for July I wouldn't mind so much. It's hardly as if Derek Chisora is likely to upset the applecart is it? I reckon Haye needs to find himself a competitive fight in the meanwhile however.

So is the Haye-Wlad fight set for July or not? It seems it could be but Boente seems to be suggesting it might not?

If it was set in stone for July I wouldn't mind so much. It's hardly as if Derek Chisora is likely to upset the applecart is it? I reckon Haye needs to find himself a competitive fight in the meanwhile however.

Sky wont have 2 PPV shows in april? He could do a mega show with Khan and Haye on the same bill defending wba titles and they are both goldenboy, maybe Haye on HBO in US and they show Khan aswell

I think it's fair enough that he doesn't want to hang around for months on end to secure a date.

Chisora should be a walkover, and Haye won't take any sort of risk with a fight in the meantime, so you can count Chagaev out.

Wlad can see away Chisora inside 3 rounds in April, and then move onto Haye in July without breaking sweat.

There's no controversy like Booth's trying to make out.

In a contradiction, Wlad is saying its cos it clashes with the Royal Wedding while his manager Boente had blamed a clash of PPV dates with Amir Khan. Can't even get their story straight.

"The fight with Haye is not off, the fight is on," Klitschko said, smiling brightly.

"We had to get clearance on a date with Sky TV for pay-per-view in the UK and they were concerned about conflicting with the upcoming Royal Wedding. So the wedding is set for the end of April and we got clearance on a fight date of July 2, for sure."

"I will fight Chisora on an April date, in Germany. Then we will move foreward with Haye."