Who are these idiot commentators?

Cableaddict

I've never seen an entire day's worth of commentary as ridiulously off as has been seen today.

Right now I'm watching Smith- Barera, and I would love to know what drugs these Boxnation guys are on. (It's not Buncie or Johnny Nelson. Sounds like 2 guys they just pulled off the steeet.

Literally every word out of their mouths was wrong, the entire fight. I'm near-speechelss.

Earlier fights were even worse, on a different network.

Good Loradmighty......

Edited by Cableaddict

Re: Who are these idiot commentators?

I remember how weird commentators were on British TV several years ago. SKY had that Scottish guy (Jim Watt I believe). He frequently had some ridiculous scores like Bute beating Pascal or Huck winning against Arslan in the first fight. I don't hold much against the Box Nation crew, but I haven't seen the fight you mentioned, so maybe there were some weird stuff on their side.

Personally, I rate commentators like that:

Like: HBO, Showtime, Box Nation

Indifferent: PBC Events, SKY

Don't like: ESPN, ITV/Channel 5

I have never been a fan of boxnation commentary, it would be nice if they could get an ex-boxer or current boxer on their to help out.

HBO without Roy and ESPN without Tim Bradley would be incredibly biased. The boxers who know the game well should be first and foremost in giving their opinions and commentary.

Right now I'm watching Smith- Barera, and I would love to know what drugs these Boxnation guys are on.

I'd like to know what drugs you're on too cable, Boxnation used the HBO audio commentary stream last night.

You cant blame Buncey, Nelson, Jones for that.

Sure? I thought it was an international feed one. Didn't sound like Roy Jones and co.

One was deffo Steve Kim as you said above.

Whoever it was, it wasn't the BN mob.

I'm just watching the Eubank / Arthur fight (Thanks @Selij), and Ronald MacIntosh needs to stop fucking talking for every single second of every round!! Dickhead!

One was deffo Steve Kim as you said above.

Whoever it was, it wasn't the BN mob.

Well, whomever they were, they didn't know a thing about technical boxing details. Absolutely astoundingly wrong. Over & over & over. I was going to go into details, but it's too depressing.

Plus, what good would it do?

The commentary for the Barrera vs Smith fight was Steve Kim and Beto Duran. They do the commentary for those Golden Boy / RingTV live cards. I didn't see anything wrong with their commentary.

MacIntosh makes me want to bash my head in. He refuses to let more than 2 seconds pass without uttering some nonsense.

If the commentators are rubbish then turn the sound off, I do this a lot now because these idiots try to convince you that their favourite is winning when they're clearly not, i like Teddy Atlas but he made a right **** of himself in the Pac/Horn fight

If the commentators are rubbish then turn the sound off, I do this a lot now because these idiots try to convince you that their favourite is winning when they're clearly not, i like Teddy Atlas but he made a right **** of himself in the Pac/Horn fight

He sure did. Not to mention his words to Horn after the fight, in the ring. Unbelievable.

He basically destroyed whatever reputation he had up until then.