refferes

telboy66

I don't know if you guys are thinking the same as me but since the diabolical decsion at the McDermot v Fury fight the TV analists seem be be going OTT with praise for refs last night we had a premature stoppage of Thaxton when he only appered stuned ,ok murray was well on to win but the ref never gave Jon a chance, Then Phil Fury was given a clear victory in what was at best a draw to say that Byrne's only point came from a low blow from Fury is an insult to the kid for the last two rounds of four he was landing the cleaner puches & was well worth at least a draw. It's time that we the boxing fans started a campain to get three judges for every pro fight

i dont like uk referees, they are terrible , 1 wobble 1 flurry and the fights are over. at almost every friday fight night theres in loads of poor stoppages, seems unless your a well know biggish fighter u get more chances than others ie khan v prescott.

as for the uk tv commentators/presentors there so biased towards foreign fighters its unreal. and god only knows how they agree with the stoppages

we need 3 judges at every pro fight, refs do a bad enough job refereeing never mind judging

goodp//

Premature stoppages probably cause more damage to the fighter in the long run.

Take Thaxton - he was 2nd best for the most part last night and if he had been floored and Ko'd then their would be no doubt in his mind that he lost. The ref stepping in early now probably means that Thaxton, a fighter at the end of his career, will continue fighting rather than retire if he'd been taken out.

I don't think the ref in this case actually changed the result with his actions, as the writing was on the wall for Thaxton but he should have been given longer. Also, why no standing 8 count, as a precaution, rather than stopping the fight? An 8 count would allow the ref to have a good look at the fighter who he deems to be in trouble.

I'm not a fan of 8 counts but they are better than all these overcautious stoppages that British Refs seem to be doing.

totally agree that british refs are a bit too quick to stop fights and some fights make u wonder with the judging as if they are on the promoters payrole.

Terry o connor is the worst ref i have ever seen and his scoring of fights is a joke this is on a regular basis.

As for the commentators Jim Watt,Barry McGuigan they talk crap,for years Watt has sat on the fence during fights changing his verdicts from one boxer to the other from round to round.McGuigan at times sounds like hees reading from a script that itv have told him to say.

The best presenter is Johnny Nelson he tells it how it is

You're always gonna have problems with referees, some are worse than others, but generally speaking British ones are no worse than any others.

have you watched all the fights on uk tv since the start of the year they have been terrible, i read alot of uk fans saying germany refs are worse but what ive watched uk are the worst out there, im scottish/british but i hate all uk refs they ruin all good fights