Ohara Davies has unfinished business with Josh Taylor; I'd take the winner of.....

Ohara Davies has unfinished business with Josh Taylor; I’d take the winner of Taylor-Postol’s head off

Ohara Davies has suffered one career loss at the hands of Scotsman, Josh Taylor. Taylor produced a sublime display and won the fight by TKO in round 7. Davies touched the canvas in round three and round seven.

Ohara Davies has unfinished business with Josh Taylor; I’d take the winner of Taylor-Postol head off - Boxing News - Ring News24

I split my Ohara Davies interview up into several articles, if you want to read the others click here

I don't think he wins against Taylor especially with being out the ring for seven months. I think he needs a few tough learning fights as Taylor looked a level above when they last met, but its a fight that could happen in the future.

Re: Ohara Davies has unfinished business with Josh Taylor; I'd take the winner of....

Ideally they would meet again and this time Taylor DOES take Davies' head clean off!!

A more unlikeable person you'd be hard pushed to find. The UKs version of Adrian Broner but without any of the initial potential the latter had.

Re: Ohara Davies has unfinished business with Josh Taylor; I'd take the winner of....

I try to like Ohara, but he makes that extremely difficult. He does an awful lot of talking for the amount of talent he has. Maybe he could win against Taylor if he got some more experience, but I still favor Taylor in a rematch.

Please...I don't see any scenario where Davies is coming out as the winner. No way Jose! Taylor would destroy him even easier second time. Not on the same level! :wave:

"Unfinished business" is an odd point of view - if Taylor put him down twice and battered him to a stoppage, that sounds pretty finished to me.

It's crazy Gav he looked so out his depth against Taylor in the first fight. I guess he wants to try avenge the loss and challenge himself against Taylor. I can't see the fight happening as Taylor is on the cusp of a world title and a fight against Davies would be seen my many, including myself at this stage as a step backwards.

Ever heard of Tyan Booth?

Nope?

"Unfinished business" is an odd point of view - if Taylor put him down twice and battered him to a stoppage, that sounds pretty finished to me.

Exactly!

Pretty embarrassing that the lad has no shame in still being a mouthy twat.

Probably unfair to Degale for the comparison, but he was a bit of a gobshite and when he got his comeuppence against Groves, at least he went into hiding somewhat.

Nope?

He got suspended by the BBBofC after comments about Scott Westgarth's death. And he also posted:

"To those complaining about my tweet about the boxer who got killed recently, I'm boxing myself in 2 weeks and I've spent the past 3 months drinking cider and not training properly so there's a gud chance I'll end up in a wheelchair like Gerald McClellan, so tune in #MANDOWN"

His social media is full of disgusting comments.

He's got an awkward/unconventional style. Got some decent fights coming up- Christopher Sebire and Josh Leather.

Taylor broke him apart. But, can see why any fighter would want revenge. Ohara is only 26 and had limited experience before turning professional. Think he's still going to improve.

Pretty much! ;-) :wave:

I don't think he wins against Taylor especially with being out the ring for seven months. I think he needs a few tough learning fights as Taylor looked a level above when they last met, but its a fight that could happen in the future.

I agree completely.

Davis needs to get his head straight first, and maybe add a few tricks to his bag. - But primarily, he has to learn to spell the word "D-E-F-E-N-S-E."

He seems to think it starts with the letter "G."

--- Paint watching paint drying. Gave up on Russell a while back.

Yeah but what about Josh Taylor mate? :haha:

If Ohara Davies was as good as his ego thinks he is, he would be an all time P4P great by now!!

Well said! :laugh: He is too much mouth and too little talent. By the way, from one Madman to another-welcome! :wave:

I would not be surprised if they never fight again with the way Taylor is stepping up in competition. By the time OD has fought for a world title at 140, Taylor would have have moved up and on to bigger and better things.