Shaefer & Sauerland announce the "World Boxing Super Series."

Cableaddict

Re: Shaefer & Sauerland announce the "World Boxing Super Series."

This Saturday we're about to witness the most exciting WBSS quarter-final fight. Yunier Dorticos takes on Dmitry Kudryashov in San Antonio. Combined records of these two warriors is 42 - 1 with whopping 41 wins by KO! What a bad-ass fight.

So far the only confirmed broadcasters are Russian Match TV, Turkish Tivibu Spor and Canadian Super Channel.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to eat my words about Skoglund. He turned out to be much better than expected, and with huge balls, as well. Callum definitely controlled most of the fight, but Skoglund made him work his ass off for it.

Skoglund's stock just went up, and he gave Smith a valuable lesson in the process.

This Saturday we're about to witness the most exciting WBSS quarter-final fight. Yunier Dorticos takes on Dmitry Kudryashov in San Antonio. Combined records of these two warriors is 42 - 1 with whopping 41 wins by KO! What a bad-ass fight.

So far the only confirmed broadcasters are Russian Match TV, Turkish Tivibu Spor and Canadian Super Channel.

This is an impossible fight to call, but I'm going with Kudryashov. Dorticos is much more skilled, and has a huge reach advantage, but he fights a little "polite."

Kudry is wild, unorthodox, and just plane MEAN in the ring. Also, ever since his loss to Durodola in their first fight, he's shown improved patience, and a somewhat improved defense. His offense is still crazy-unorthodox, but less wild & foolish.

I think he's going to surprise Dorticos with something from way outside, and take him out early.

I have to eat my words about Skoglund. He turned out to be much better than expected, and with huge balls, as well. Callum definitely controlled most of the fight, but Skoglund made him work his ass off for it.

Skoglund's stock just went up, and he gave Smith a valuable lesson in the process.

Right. In one round (5th) Smith was seriously troubled.

This is an impossible fight to call, but I'm going with Kudryashov. Dorticos is much more skilled, and has a huge reach advantage, but he fights a little "polite."

Kudry is wild, unorthodox, and just plane MEAN in the ring. Also, ever since his loss to Durodola in their first fight, he's shown improved patience, and a somewhat improved defense. His offense is still crazy-unorthodox, but less wild & foolish.

I think he's going to surprise Dorticos with something from way outside, and take him out early.

I kind of agree. Dorticos was seriously troubled by small and one-dimentional Kalenga thororugh most of the fight, so guy as wild as Kudryashov may catch him early. On the other one Dorticos may play it smarter and fight carefully at the beginning, trying to make Russian tired.

Edited by pittbox

Right. In one round (5th) Smith was seriously troubled.

I kind of agree. Dorticos was seriously troubled by small and one-dimentional Kalenga thororugh most of the fight, so guy as wild as Kudryashov may catch him early. On the other one Dorticos may play it smarter and fight carefully at the beginning, trying to make Russian tired.

That would definitely be the smart move, especially as Kudry had trouble making weight.

I'm interested how big would be the crowd on this event. It seems that hardly anyone cares about this in USA and lack of broadcast is surely a sign of it.

As we see here: 401 Not allowed hardly a 1/4 of Alamadome capacity would be used and still a lot of tickets left.

It looks to me like a commercial failure. Russians would surely make this a big event with decent undercard.

Edited by Cableaddict

I'm interested how big would be the crowd on this event. It seems that hardly anyone cares about this in USA and lack of broadcast is surely a sign of it.

I think it's the other way around. Most of the top-20 CW fights have consistently been the most exciting in the entire sport, yet only a handful, in the last 3-4 years have even been broadcast in the USA. Mchunu-Makabu, anybody? How can fans care about fighters they don't even know exist?

It's unbelievable.

My guess:

There's far too much of that uncontrollable "KO" business going on at 200.

The powers-that-be can't control those fights, so they try to sweep the entire division under the rug.