Haye vs Bellew - Who would win?

Re: Haye vs Bellew - Who would win?

I go for a quick knockout by Haye. Bellew could lost by knockout his fight with Makabu, and Haye won´t lose his opportunity. Haye won´t lose his opportunity. He is a real heavyweight now and this will be Bellew´s first and i think last fight as a heavyweight.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speak for yourself - Haye used to fight excitingly but since then seems largely to have stopped, preferring opponents who don't need fighting. I have no interest in Bellew or Haye, and it's a choice between a guy I can't believe managed to win a world title and a guy I can't believe might get a shot at a world title. The pair of them can fuck off.

Fair enough!

All said. Haye may be not the one he once was against guys like maccarenelli or john ruiz but i think he is a big puncher. And a haye at 70 to 80 % could still knock a guy like bellew out. Bellew was badly hurt against stevenson and has no fight over the cruiserweight limit.

I think the fight could be over inside 4-5 rounds

It's "kicked off" at the press conference......

I aint savy to what was said. From what I've briefly read there was lots of shit talk as you'd expect.

It went off as they did the face to face, inevitably....why bother with this part anymore??

From what I can see, heads come together Bellew pushes Haye away and Haye's retaliation was a left swipe (not sure it klanded)...then a melle as security all piled in.

My favourite part is the bald bouncer!

iFL TV™ on Twitter: "DAVID HAYE & TONY BELLEW KICK OFF @ HEAD TO HEAD AS PUNCHES ARE THROWN: http://youtu.be/8ZA4kdoPd80?a via @YouTube"

I know for some like Gav, they hate this nonsense, and I do too to an extent but this is the kind of shit Joe public lap up and will hype the fight, increse PPV buys. I suppose thats answered my question above of why they bother witha staredown when they know it'll kick off.

http://www.ringnews24.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/CONFERENCE-HAYE-BELLEW3.jpg

David Haye and Tony Bellew pulled apart at presser

David Haye and Tony Bellew pulled apart at presser - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Boxing and Professional Wrestling have now officially merged.

One of these guys should have worn a cape & a blonde wig.

- BTW, somebody should have warned Eddie that smiling during the peak photo-op moment ruins the effect. ;-)

http://www.ringnews24.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/bellew5.jpg

David Haye v Tony Bellew: Prediction

by Lee Skavydis

Egos will collide when former heavyweight champion and current cruiserweight titleholder Tony Bellew fight on March 4th at the 02 arena in London next year. The fight will be broadcast live on Sky Sports Pay Per View.

There is speculation that Shannon Briggs was originally going to face Haye in September earlier this year although things suddenly went quiet on that front. The Londoner and Liverpudlian have some history together, although, however much of it is true is up for debate. Bellew claimed that he got the best of Haye in the gym when he was still only an amateur while Haye was contesting for the British professional title.

Furthermore, he has also criticised Haye’s current training techniques, claiming his body frame does not look “right” for a boxer, as well as his olden situations with Wladimir Klitschko and his former plan to fight Briggs. But Haye seems to be taking it all in his stride!

Read more: David Haye v Tony Bellew: Prediction - - Boxing News - Ring News24

It still amazes me how trash talk still builds the fight for a lot of people. I remember how fake it was before Haye v Chisora.

Many, many people will swallow not just any old shit but the same shit time after time - Haye v Harrison prompted many of such people to self-identify when they started crying about Harrison not putting in a performance and the PPV being a ripoff, as if these things hadn't been abundantly clear in advance.

Adolf Trump just got elected prez of the soon-to-be third-world USA, based completely on an endless line of total bullshit. (literally.)

The number of people who will swallow literally ANYTHING, (and then wash it down with a PBR) is astounding.

Hearn knows this well.

Haye-Klitschko weigh-in

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Wladimir+Klitschko+v+David+Haye+Weigh+tXRWSo8xEhtl.jpg

Haye (NOW) Posted on Instagram of his current condition

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/12/07/13/3B212EA100000578-4008690-David_Haye_posted_this_photo_of_himself_after_putting_some_work_-a-1_1481115681904.jpg

Just thought it would be interesting to compare then and now pictures. He still looks in good shape.

He's said he always keeps himself in good shape. He's not old-old, so it real surprise he's still in good condition really.

Physical condition is one thing though and fighting condition and ring rust is another.

http://www.ringnews24.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/CONFERENCE-HAYE-BELLEW8.jpg

David Haye vs Tony Bellew: If it makes money….

by Matt Cotterell

Step forward David Haye and Tony Bellew for what can only be described as a mutually beneficial money making exercise. So they say, Haye needs it, and his involvement means that Bellew (and Hearn) makes more of it than would generally be the case. Everyone’s a winner.

For all his faults, you can’t knock Haye and his ability to put bums on seats and pound notes through the turnstiles. The man could sell snow to the Eskimos and they’d thank him for the privilege. Bellew by comparison couldn’t sell a lifeboat to the passengers of a sinking ship.

When discussing potential matchups, risk versus reward is an oft used soundbite. Whilst in boxing there is a very obvious inherent risk of physical harm, we are generally talking about risk to future opportunity or earnings potential. Win and your stock rises, lose and interest in you fades is a simplistic but accurate way to look at it. In this contest, and in this context, I don’t see the risk for either man.

Read more: Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Bellew will do ANYTHING to avoid having to face the top guys at CW. He reached his peak (good on him, really) and should probably retire after this.

Unless he can wrangle a fight with Canelo next.

- And don't laugh, this is professional boxing. It literally wouldn't surprise me.

Bellew will do ANYTHING to avoid having to face the top guys at CW. He reached his peak (good on him, really) and should probably retire after this.

Unless he can wrangle a fight with Canelo next.

- And don't laugh, this is professional boxing. It literally wouldn't surprise me.

Where is your logic??

He want's to avoid guys at CW, so he steps up to take on a big hitting heavyweight in a fight in which he is a big underdog?

The fuck are you on about, lad?

Where is your logic??

He want's to avoid guys at CW, so he steps up to take on a big hitting heavyweight in a fight in which he is a big underdog?

The fuck are you on about, lad?

He could well lose to the likes of Huck, Usyk, Lebedev etc and for a fraction of the pay. Haye is the option because the fight will generate huge PPV revenue, that Bellew vs any other fighter wouldn't get close to.