Canelo alvarez to face amir khan on may 7 - Post Fight Comments

blackrican23

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Canelo alvarez to face amir khan on may 7

--- Highly disappointed if this is true, but the video looks straight out of GB.

Assuming this another 155lb catchweight as Khan has never been over 147 that I recall. Easy money for Canelo though and the speed work will be good for him. Should make decent money to further delay the GGG fight which I assume will be a Sept Mex holiday. It is what it is, GB currently caught between Haymon and TR.

I'd love to see Khan win...Imagine Golovkin Vs Khan ...

It's only the size difference makes me think he can't - Canelo is not exactly an intelligent fighter, he's just solid offence and not much else. If Khan could keep his distance and just zip in and out landing combinations, he could win. Trouble is, Khan rarely shows the discipline to fight like that.

Oh, thank you God. Khan gets retired and proper filled in.............:wave:

155 catchweight? "Welterweight" Khan will need some of my Olympic squatting weight plates strapped to his arse to make that....and come fight day Canelo will hit the ring about 170. Have that Khan!

155 catchweight? "Welterweight" Khan will need some of my Olympic squatting weight plates strapped to his arse to make that....and come fight day Canelo will hit the ring about 170. Have that Khan!

I can't fault Khan for his ambition but what the hell are Canelo and his team thinking of. Fighting a guy who's never fought above 147lbs and with a rep for a weak chin:laugh:

He doesn't have to make that, so long as he's under it.

An exciting fight but one I can't see Khan winning no matter what weight it was made at.

I really do think Canelo will walk through Khans shots on the night and grind Khan down.

Canelo will bully Khan all over the ring - Canelo by stoppage.

Smacks of Khan's desperation to get a big money fight. Does he realistically think he can win or just grabbing the payday.

I would be worried if he went into a ring thinking I am going to lose this. Every fighter should go in with a positive frame of mind.

I'm sure he won't be complaining about his payday.

There are easier places for a WW (just about) to go running other than a boxing ring with a proper MW hunting you down. Good luck A-Mere-Con - you'll need it :wave:

That's true, but none of them bring the same ego trip!

wont be suprised if Khan retires after this after getting stopped simliar to kirkland but faster and quicker and more brutal

Why retire after this? Not matter what the result is he will set him self with a fight against Brook and he has been rumored to be getting 3m for that fight.

He could get so badly traumatised by a Canelo bodyshot KO or stoppage he might have to retire or worse. I cant see a future for Khan after this inside a boxing ring.

Why retire after this? Not matter what the result is he will set him self with a fight against Brook and he has been rumored to be getting 3m for that fight.