Luis Ortiz to face Dimitrenko

BoztheMadman

Luis "The Real King Kong" Ortiz (24-0, 21 ko) will face Alexander "Sasha" Dimitrenko (38-2, 24 ko) in his second defense of the interim WBA heavyweight title he won last year. Dimitrenko presents a challenge in terms of size, being 6'7 and 3 inches taller than Ortiz, but otherwise, he hasn't fought between 2013 and 2015 and lost his last relevant fight by ko, to Pulev in 2012. I expect Ortiz to do easy work of him. A stoppage between 6 and 10 rounds. Dimitrenko is durable and can box cleverly, but will not win for sure and I doubt he will last the distance either. The fight is on 5th March in DC Armory, Washington DC.

Re: Luis Ortiz to face Dimitrenko

Terrible opponent, but just about the best we could have hoped for, given the current state of things.

At least Ortiz may get a fan-friendly KO, over a big, scary looking guy, which will further endear him to the casuals. That's not a bad thing for either him or for the sport as a whole.

This is off. Not enough money to face "King Kong". Tony Thompson has offered to fight Ortiz.

Good. Thompson is a better barometer, anyway.

Dimintrenko should just go crawl under a rock, and stay there until he's too old to fight any longer. Then him and the rest of the HW pussies can open a nightclub together, and sit around talking about the good old days.

Edited by Cableaddict

He'll wreck Thompson just the same he would have wrecked Dimitrenko...only difference is, Thompson is older but no worse than Sasha.

I agree, but considering it's on such short notice, I guess Thompson is still a very decent replacement.

Thompson will probably lose unless Ortiz is in a very bad day. Still, hope it will be funy to watch, who knows what can happen!

Only way Ortiz can lose is if he gets caught, kinda like Price did against TT, but he's not that chinny...thank goodness.

Only way Ortiz can lose is if he gets caught, kinda like Price did against TT, but he's not that chinny...thank goodness.

I doubt he'll get caught up like that, Ortiz surely knows what he is doing.

Concerning Sasha, I'll cheer for him tol be able to handle it and get the win.