Who is the P4P hardest hitter in Boxing?

well technically the pound for pound hardest puncher has to be Vitali, just look at his KO percentage

i mean obviously a lot of them came from attrition and wearing down his opponent but still, there's no real way of judging the pound for pound hardest puncher

it's merely opinion

i think Valero was a massive shout, Maidana also i would say, as well as Gamboa

not being biased but i'd also put David Haye in there

The thing with Segura is that his KO's come from a combination of Punches rather than one clean shot.

Personally I would put Donaire right at the top of thist at the moment.

Sergio Martinez anyone? Seems to have found his punching power in his last 2 fightts.

i always thought valero's power was a bit overrated

Ask every single one of his opponents if that was the case... mlol/

He was crude early in his career, but there was no doubting he had power, infact freakishly so for a guy so small...

Shame how things turned out because he was destined for far bigger things.

Lemieux has to be up there among the best now.

24 KO's in 25 fights, although he's only recently started stepping up in class.

We'll see if it's the same tale in a couple of years time, but I suspect it will.

Vitali is the same. Again not single big punches, but apparently packing a jab that feels like a freight train.

Martinez seems to have found his level at middleweight, but he's fought very few natural middleweights to be able to judge his power fairly. I don't think he's up there P4P anyway...

i always thought valero's power was a bit overrated

Ask every single one of his opponents if that was the case... mlol/

He was crude early in his career, but there was no doubting he had power, infact freakishly so for a guy so small...

Shame how things turned out because he was destined for far bigger things.

Lemieux has to be up there among the best now.

24 KO's in 25 fights, although he's only recently started stepping up in class.

We'll see if it's the same tale in a couple of years time, but I suspect it will.

Vitali is the same. Again not single big punches, but apparently packing a jab that feels like a freight train.

Martinez seems to have found his level at middleweight, but he's fought very few natural middleweights to be able to judge his power fairly. I don't think he's up there P4P anyway...

yeah but valero was basically knocking out bums for his entire career

Would Pavlik still be considered?

Yes, I think he should. Very hard hitting.

The hardest hitter P4P is probably a guy that hasn't got a belt. Earnie Shavers never had one.

Thats why I said Gonzalez, 47-7 (41), dropped Nishioka when the two met as well. Last 13 fights haven't gone the distance. 4 of his 10 distance fights were in his first 6 career fights...

Would Pavlik still be considered?

For me, Pavlik was immortalized after taking the wallop from Taylor and getting back up and pounding the guy like he did. Remember, this is the same guy who had, "Turn back the clock Hopkins" number, TWICE!

I'm a huge fan of Pavlik, make concessions for him and still view him as a bad a** Muther Fuc***.

Can't wait for him to jump back in again.

Bute

Froch loves him too!

Ward

Kessler

and even a rematch with Martinez would make a great showing regardless of what Joe Public thinks.

Guy had a shot with massive heart!!

I love it!

I suppose it depends on if KO ratio or one punch power is what we're going by primarily. Vitali Klitschko probably has the highest KO ratio out there today considering the length of his career and calibre of opponents (Lemiuex has a 96% KO ratio but his career is at the start and his opponents haven't been top notch).

But, i can't remember when i last saw him KO a guy with one punch. Calzaghe had a good KO ratio but i don't ever remember him knocking anyone out cold.

Guys who spring to mind who are sending guys flying across the ring include Kirkland, Lopez, Gamboa, Donaire, Pacquiao, Abraham (at 160lbs)...