Cotto vs Margarito II  

1. 1. Cotto vs Margarito II

• Cotto by decision
    • Cotto by KO
    • Margarito by decision
    • Margarito by KO
    • Draw
    • Will Margarito play fair???

This grudge match might happen. We have to come to terms with fact that Margocheato is getting another payday he does not deserve.

That aside, I am very curious as to how the match will play out before it actually happens.

The Jr. middle weight division is not that one I want Cotto fighting Margocheato in.

Remembering the weight of Marg come fight night against Pacman, 170lbs.

The first fight saw Cotto focus all his attention upstairs while absolutely ignoring the body. That was against what Cotto has done his whole professional career.

I'm begining to think now that one of my favorite fighters was a little reluctant to stand in there and attack the body for fear of an exchange with the once formidable Margocheato.

I saw him practically fighting off his back foot and move away.

I still think that had Margocheato not loaded his gloves and possible not taken Hydroxycut as I suspect before the fight he would not have been able to overcome the early points lead Cotto stacked against him, and cruise to a points win.

However, we are here and this is now. Arum now wants to maximize his earnings from the two fighters by putting them back together for what could potentially be the closing of each fighters career. umph, Bob and his filthy lucre!

Well, my question who do you think will win and how?

Is 154 too high a weight? Will Manny Stewards presence as his trainer tip the scales in his balance?

I for one think that when the playing field is level the outcome will assuredly be different this time around.

World class trainer, fire in the belly to avenge an act of malfeasance ( i know cheato is not a public official), renewed confidence and vigor, fighting for his father.

Yes emotions are involved, Cotto wins by MD!

I'd love cotto to win but I wouldn't be surprised to see it go the same way as the first, cotto boxed beautifully in the first half of the last fight, his best hope is to do this again for 7 or 8 rounds then survive the onslaught for the last few and take a decision,

Cotto barrage sees the referee stepping in around the 8th round mark, Margarito increasingly battered.

I won't be watching, as Margarito should never have been allowed back in the ring and Cotto should stand up to Arum for once and refuse to fight him.

Cotto barrage sees the referee stepping in around the 8th round mark, Margarito increasingly battered.

I won't be watching, as Margarito should never have been allowed back in the ring and Cotto should stand up to Arum for once and refuse to fight him.

Maybe Cotto just wants revenge?

I personally think he'll win on points but I'd love to see Cotto knock him out.

i agree with you, he should. but in the end, ill be watching just not contributing to the PPV

Cotto doesn't have the handspeed or the one shot power to stop Marg like Mosley did. So expect the same result, Marg to just keep taking them until his own force the stoppage.

Hi, need to register your vote in the poll. I thought it kind of strange that the one person taking Margarito was taking him by decision. I can see your point about maybe Margo overpowering him late again, but the decision vote is kind of an odd one. If he's too big for Cotto again, and always has his number, then you would think it would be by KO/TKO. Can whoever cast that one (Margo by dec) please explain?

Cotto this time but it wouldn't surprise me to see Margarito win again, seeing as how the rumours that he padded up for the first fight are just that. Rumours.

Yeah, I've heard talk about Margo's eye maybe being damaged to the point where it will be a huge factor, but we should stick with what we know for sure. We don't KNOW that his eye is a factor, we don't KNOW that he was "wrapped" last time (although I suspect) and we don't know that Cotto has retained more than has Margarito since the first fight. I don't see beating Yuri Foreman and Mayorga as being any sign that Cotto is close to where he once was, but a lot of people seem to be drawing that conclusion.

Cotto this time but it wouldn't surprise me to see Margarito win again, seeing as how the rumours that he padded up for the first fight are just that. Rumours.

Yeah, I've heard talk about Margo's eye maybe being damaged to the point where it will be a huge factor, but we should stick with what we know for sure. We don't KNOW that his eye is a factor, we don't KNOW that he was "wrapped" last time (although I suspect) and we don't know that Cotto has retained more than has Margarito since the first fight. I don't see beating Yuri Foreman and Mayorga as being any sign that Cotto is close to where he once was, but a lot of people seem to be drawing that conclusion.

People always say that Margarito had no reason to wrap up for Mosley but he did. He put on 35lb after the Cotto win because he partied hard. A contact in Vegas informed me of this and this was then confirmed on the 24/7 show. He had to lose a lot of weight in a short of amount of time. I can't see Margarito getting away with wrapping 30 odd times.

People always say that Margarito had no reason to wrap up for Mosley but he did. He put on 35lb after the Cotto win because he partied hard. A contact in Vegas informed me of this and this was then confirmed on the 24/7 show. He had to lose a lot of weight in a short of amount of time. I can't see Margarito getting away with wrapping 30 odd times.

Broke Clotteys hands???

Cotto doesn't have the handspeed or the one shot power to stop Marg like Mosley did. So expect the same result, Marg to just keep taking them until his own force the stoppage.

Hi, need to register your vote in the poll. I thought it kind of strange that the one person taking Margarito was taking him by decision. I can see your point about maybe Margo overpowering him late again, but the decision vote is kind of an odd one. If he's too big for Cotto again, and always has his number, then you would think it would be by KO/TKO. Can whoever cast that one (Margo by dec) please explain?

Vote now cast. mlol/