James Degale vs George Groves

Joe Ko

James Degale vs George Groves  

1. 1. James Degale vs George Groves

• Degale
    • Groves

One of the best domestic fights in recent times. 2 top prospects both from London, who takes it?

To early for Groves he is only 22 while Degale is 25, but with the press conference yesterday Groves seemed to take the mature approach, while Degale loved the banter and continue to call him Ugly Kid.

Who are you picking?

This fight is going to be amazing. I can only see one winner: DeGale. I like Groves and i hope he goes far in boxing but i think DeGale looks like he could be a great in the making. I can see why people wouldn't like him because he's so arrogant and rude. But, just in boxing terms, he's special.

I genuinely don't buy into the hype that surrounds DeGale, and that's nothing to do with his personality, which I think is appalling.

It's his arrogance INSIDE the ring that is going to be his undoing.

He shows none of his opponents any respect, and aside from a Paul Smith who had done little of note himself, and wasn't anywhere near the top level, DeGale has beaten absolutely noone.

He's being built into some kind of superstar and I think he's in for a very long fall sometime soon.

Despite that, I think Groves hasn't developed as much as everyone had hoped of him, and his 5 star amateur background is quickly fading into the distant past.

He's a guy who looked very promising but hasn't really lived up to it so far.

It's a bit of a crossroads fight for me, because whoever wins is going to go on to some great opportunities.

At this point neither of them are capable of taking them though.

Neither of them would hang with my boy Periban ;-)

Lol

I actually want Groves to win, but gonna be real tough Degale looks classy but not completly sold of him yet.

Not sure what you're laughing at Periban's a good step ahead of the pair in terms of skill and power.

Not laughing at periban just the "my boy" bit