Kessler to face Bute in October

WelshDevilRob

Kessler to face Bute in Oct.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless his eye injury starts to trouble again, then Kessler will return to the ring in june for a fight in Denmark, before he in October or November are going to fight Lucien Bute.

In a week the dane will be in Montreal, when Bute are facing Brian Magee. They are hoping to come to an agreement for a fight in October.

- I’m flying to Canada with my promotor Kalle Saurland to see Bute in a fight, my plan is to box in june and it would be great if we could make something happend with Bute, says Mikkel Kessler.

Promoter Kalle Sauerland is optimistic

- Bute want to meet Kessler, and Kessler want to meet Bute. They have invited us to Canada to talk about it, so it’s looking real good, says Kalle Sauerland.

There have been some disagreement in the past about who’ll the rights to fight the winner of the Super Six but a fight between Kessler and Bute would settle that and the looser of the fight could meet the looser of the Super Six final.

- I’m the WBC Champion Emeritus, and I want to prove myself against the best. Bute is a big name, and it would be a big fight not just for the fans in Denmark and Canada – but in the whole world. I’m looking forward to see him fight the 19th of marts, says Kessler

Saurland have several possible opponents for the fight in june, but right now are the energy used to make the Bute-fight happened.

- taken from Sporten.dk.

http://www.sporten.dk/boksning/kessler-klar-til-bute

Will be interesting to see how Kessler fares in his comeback.

He was piss poor against Ward, and he needs to make a mark on his comeback, or the Bute fight will be a lot less meaningful.

Makes a lot of sense all round anyway.

The Super 6 entrants are tied up for a while, and Kessler is the biggest opponent available to Bute.

Would be good to see Bute finally challenge himself anyway.

so what is the point of the super six anymore?

A valid question. This all looked better back in 2009.

Especially when you also consider that Sartison and Stieglitz are fighting in a unification bout outside the tournament too...

Bute could finish the year by beating the winner and have unified 3 of the titles, all outside the tournament, against nonentities.

The S6 wasn't perfect but let's be serious here. It has pitted Froch, Abraham, Kessler, Dirrell, Ward and a few others all against each other. We have seen plenty of good fights and perhaps this will lead to more fighters all fighting each other in future.

The S6 wasn't perfect but let's be serious here. It has pitted Froch, Abraham, Kessler, Dirrell, Ward and a few others all against each other. We have seen plenty of good fights and perhaps this will lead to more fighters all fighting each other in future.

But a 4 man (or 8 man tournament) would have had some cracking fights, have been over with and fighters wouldn't have been in an out. It was an overly complicated idea not helped by letting Ward stay at home and no inclusion of the WBO or IBF champions.

But a 4 man (or 8 man tournament) would have had some cracking fights, have been over with and fighters wouldn't have been in an out. It was an overly complicated idea not helped by letting Ward stay at home and no inclusion of the WBO or IBF champions.

I agree. The idea was too complicated and it has allowed lots of problems to arise etc... But, overall i think people will say it was a success.

The next tournament would be better off as a knockout 8 man tournament or something like that.