Mikkel Kessler Jabs Carl Froch: Remember I Beat You!

WelshDevilRob

Mikkel Kessler Jabs Carl Froch: Remember I Beat You!

By Ruslan Chikov

Super middleweight Mikkel Kessler (43-2, 32 KOs) has once again confirmed that he plans to begin training in March, and around June he wants to return for his fight fight since leaving the Super Six tournment due to a serious eye injury that was causing double-vision during training for a fight with Allan Green in the third stage of the tournament. He was promised to face the winner of ther Super Six tournament upon his return and doesn't like reading some of the recent reports where IBF champion Lucian Bute is being named as the boxer to face the Super Six winner.

"I hope to return to the ring in June, and when the tournament has finished I want to be the first in line to fight the winner. It's ridiculous what we read in newspapers and on the Internet. Carl Froch is spreading around that he ended my career, and yet he suffered his first and only defeat by my hands. They say Lucian Bute is set to be the first in line for the winner of the Super Six, but he shouldn't forget that I'm guaranteed to prevail in this matter. I just took a little break to deal with injuries related to my eye, nothing more," said Kessler.

Source:

www.boxingscene.com

I'd prefer Kessler to get the 1st shot at the winner as he'd been promised, rather than Lucian bute who sat the tournament out all together and keeps fighting retreads and fringe contenders.

I don't think he was invited, so it's slim pickings left in the rest of the division, and you can't really say that's his fault.

I prefer Johnson to Kessler in the semi-final after the Ward outing anyway, but it's fair enough that he gets first dibs. I have no problem with that at all.

Bute is the logical next in line after any of that though.

He should fight Stieglitz and gather up the WBO title so we can have a full unification at the end of it.

I'd prefer Kessler to get the 1st shot at the winner as he'd been promised, rather than Lucian bute who sat the tournament out all together and keeps fighting retreads and fringe contenders.

I don't think he was invited, so it's slim pickings left in the rest of the division, and you can't really say that's his fault.

Rob has claimed for some time that a secret source told him Bute turned down an offer to take part.

How many dodgy decisions have we seen in Germany since the Ottke years though? Serious question - I haven't got a clue but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

And British judging/refereeing has taken a few knocks in recent years(Woods-Johnson, Calzaghe-Manfredo, arguably Dirrell-Froch and I'm trying to think of a fairly recent euro title fight where an Italian got robbed by some of our finest). I realise you're in Canada so I'm not lumping you in with "us" - not that I'm allowed to influence the outcome of fights either, except when someone sees me betting heavily and decides to ensure i lose a week's wages...

How many dodgy decisions have we seen in Germany since the Ottke years though? Serious question - I haven't got a clue but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

And British judging/refereeing has taken a few knocks in recent years(Woods-Johnson, Calzaghe-Manfredo, arguably Dirrell-Froch and I'm trying to think of a fairly recent euro title fight where an Italian got robbed by some of our finest). I realise you're in Canada so I'm not lumping you in with "us" - not that I'm allowed to influence the outcome of fights either, except when someone sees me betting heavily and decides to ensure i lose a week's wages...

Huck vs Lebedev???

I think most people make Ward a handy favourite to win the tourny. Should that happen, Kessler may have a hard case in tryin' to convince people that he is worthy of a second crack at the American. The fact is, he got his arse handed to him in the first fight (although I accept that Ward was definitely a bit "nawty with the head!")

If Ward does prevail in the Super Six final, Bute is the next logical opponent as he's the only big name not involved in the tournament. Both men are undefeated. Both men hold a portion of the world title which mean fans would be treated to a unification match. It's an easy sell.

Well, i've often thought Germany was a "bad decision" country. But, i was talking to a guy i regularly talk to online who said that claim has been blown out of proportion and gave examples of bouts that went AGAINST the home fighter. I wasn't aware of all of the bouts he gave me but i could see his point.

Another example i suppose we could add: Haye winning against Valuev. Valuev might not be German, but he is the home fighter when he fights in Germany. The Haye result was very close and a few Brits i talk to had Valuev winning by UD.