Robin Reid

telboy66

The news that Robin Is to enter the next "Prizefighter"means Barry Hearn is giving out pension payments again,Come on guys Robin Reid can hardly be described as one of Britain's brightest light heavyweights, 3 years after retiring, this has always been my one big gripe with the "Prizefighter" the use of over the hill ex boxers, this competition should be made up of boxers that still have ambition & are looking to further their career not looking for a pension payment,The last Comp was by far the best so far with every boxer on show there to prove a point it's a big shame to drop back to watching guys you know are only there for the 1st fight payout.

I have been a big supporter of the seris but I feel in future I will be more selective as to which I spend time & money on going to,

I have to say he was over here back in the summer with Joe Egan, and I spent a couple of evenings in their company. Reid touched no booze, and looked in tremendous shape, as if he could have got back in the ring straight away. Though obviously not against the Cleverly's of the game.

I was quite shocked when i read this news in the Sun of all places. I like PF and i might even attend the next one as ive been dying to go to the York Hall. Be interesting to see the rest of the line up and to see how RR gets on.

That being said even if he were to win the thing where would he go from there? Back into retirement?

I was quite shocked when i read this news in the Sun of all places. I like PF and i might even attend the next one as ive been dying to go to the York Hall. Be interesting to see the rest of the line up and to see how RR gets on.

That being said even if he were to win the thing where would he go from there? Back into retirement?

This one is not at york Hall mate they are putting it on at Olympia Hammersmith A far less atmospheric joint but it holds more so I suppose that's the reason

This one is not at york Hall mate they are putting it on at Olympia Hammersmith A far less atmospheric joint but it holds more so I suppose that's the reason

Cheers for that telboy, my pal has invited me down to the big smoke that weekend but i might not bother now. It always rapes the wallet and a big part of going was the York Hall.

I booked up for the last Groves fight that got cancelled thumbd//

I will make it there at some point of 2011 though

Cheers for that telboy, my pal has invited me down to the big smoke that weekend but i might not bother now. It always rapes the wallet and a big part of going was the York Hall.

I booked up for the last Groves fight that got cancelled thumbd//

I will make it there at some point of 2011 though

I'd be glad to meet you there mate for a jar

I think this encapsulates the inherent problem in Prizefighter. It would be far far better if they could attract 8 up-and-coming fighters but the reality is most fighters in such a position do not want or need to risk their record in three round fights.

The 32k isn't strong enough incentive because if they stay out of the competition and try to make their own way then what is the worst that can happen? They don't make it to the top and end up in a prizefighter three years down the line instead...

Because of this it turns into a competition in which fighters with little left try to get a final payday.

• 2 weeks later...