Deontay Wilder faces Malik Scott next

WelshDevilRob

Re: Deontay Wilder faces Malik Scott next

He's gone jelly legged every time it's been touched.

--- That could go for either fighter.

At least Scott has had some real competition recently even if he was found lacking. Wilder is entering into the great unknown Twilight Zone that he has only had bad dreams of. I wouldn't bet slug on the result, that's for sure.

At Coliseo Ruben Rodriguez, Bayamon, Puerto Rico over 10 rounds.

Wilder does get slated for his opposition, and rightly so, but this is a decent fight.

--- It's decent fight only from the extremely limited US era of today.

I just made a history article about a match between two 21 yr old prospects who were featured on one of the earliest ESPN broadcasts in 1984, both of whom I'd pick to whup Wilder and Scott if you want to see fighters who could box, fight, and throw a bunch of punches as they endure a heavyweight mauling. Neither were ever quite the same after this though Ribalta did notch a 1st rd KO over fading Neon Leon as his main claim to fame.

http://www.ringnews24.com/boxingforum/boxing-history-forum/64305-cecile-coffee-jose-ribalta-steve-smooger.html#post186569

Wilder will windmill himself out against Scott - and get found out.

Yeah, because he's "windmilled" SO many times in the past, right?

You haterz are too funny!

-----------------------

Scott will be a good test for wilder's ring generalship, which is indeed still in question, but the final outcome is obvious. Sadly, when Wilder eventually KTFO Scott, he's still get no credit for it. The idiots will still call him a bum with no skills.-

And the top fighters will continue to duck him.

Yeah, because he's "windmilled" SO many times in the past, right?

You haterz are too funny!

-----------------------

Scott will be a good test for wilder's ring generalship, which is indeed still in question, but the final outcome is obvious. Sadly, when Wilder eventually KTFO Scott, he's still get no credit for it. The idiots will still call him a bum with no skills.-

And the top fighters will continue to duck him.

Lol! And just as I thought you were a decent member...

Lol! And just as I thought you were a decent member...

I'm a member who's been a Wilder fan for many years, and can see (as did manny Steward) that Wilder has actual skills. The haterz used to bother me, now I just find them amusing.

I'm a member who's been a Wilder fan for many years, and can see (as did manny Steward) that Wilder has actual skills. The haterz used to bother me, now I just find them amusing.

And now you spelled haters with a Z. You keep sinking in my estimation. :laugh:

Good step up for wilder, could be a mistake if Scott can remain elusive. Scott is fragile and not great defensively, not that wilder is brilliant offensively just that he is so physically imposing. I think Scott might be wary early on and just run, but find his confidence and stop wilder late on though