Artur Szpilka hit with US visa problems

RINGNEWS24

http://ringnews24.com/media/k2/items/cache/2579febaabfc9e7c65886eda000425e6_S.jpg

Gary Shaw Productions, Antonio Leonard Promotions and Team Bryant Jennings are all hoping Artur Szpilka can resolve his visa problems as it was reported that the polish fighter was deported back to his native land after he was stopped by the Department of Homeland Security at O'Hare International Airport. Bryant Jennings is scheduled to face Artur Szpilka on HBO January 25th.

More...

Re: Artur Szpilka hit with US visa problems

Gary Shaw Productions, Antonio Leonard Promotions and Team Bryant Jennings are all hoping Artur Szpilka can resolve his visa problems as it was reported that the polish fighter was deported back to his native land after he was stopped by the Department of Homeland Security at O'Hare International Airport. Bryant Jennings is scheduled to face Artur Szpilka on HBO January 25th.

More...

--- Terrible in this day and age of reprehensible airline security screening gauntlets and then passing through various passport check points to arrive in the US only to be sent packing back from whence Szpilka sprang in Poland for more papers.

Since he's made the US rounds plenty of times before, hopefully it's just a personal oversight or new security requirements that can easily be met. The Szpilka fight with Bryant Jennings represents the first cast of the dice on how the new order of heavyweight rankings will be sorted. Given the touted nature of Jennings' stellar efforts last year, he represents the canary in the ring mine for the US. Jennings has to not only win this, but to look good doing it.

Picked Szpilka in my predictor, but the fight should see Jennings as the favorite down to being on home turf. Terrible, terrible if this got cancelled because of nitpickers shuffling papers.

Edited by LondonRingRules

Well, Szpilka's here & the fight's on, obviously.

I'm not a fan of either fighter, but hope Szpilka is able to turn on the pressure & KO Jennings. When boxers win it's good for the die-hard fans, but when punchers win it's good for the sport.

Well, Szpilka's here & the fight's on, obviously.

I'm not a fan of either fighter, but hope Szpilka is able to turn on the pressure & KO Jennings. When boxers win it's good for the die-hard fans, but when punchers win it's good for the sport.

Yeah, heard he got the issue resolved. Am looking forward to the fight - good match-up.

^ Sometimes I think the job of a boxing manager is simply to take most of the fighter's money.

With many Promoters expanding their roles to become almost pseudo-managers and many Trainers becoming more of an adviser, it would seem as though this 10% of a fighters purse could be spared in a lot of cases.