Could WE win a purse bid?

iamasadlittleboy

Moruti Mthalane v Amnat Ruenroeng went for just $15,000....which leaves me wondering, could WE win a purse bid if we all put some money in to a pot and made a small offer for a fight like this?

With no deal to be made, a purse bid was called and on Tuesday, Thai promoter Jimmy Chaichotchuang of Jimmy's Boxing was the only bidder, winning the rights to the fight for a mere $15,000. He has 90 days to put on the fight. The total was a little better than the $12,500 from the last purse bid, but this time Mthalane will have to go all the way to Thailand for the bout, for which he will receive just $12,750.

Mthalane gambles twice and loses - Dan Rafael Blog - ESPN

Re: Could WE win a purse bid?

Moruti Mthalane v Amnat Ruenroeng went for just $15,000....which leaves me wondering, could WE win a purse bid if we all put some money in to a pot and made a small offer for a fight like this?

Mthalane gambles twice and loses - Dan Rafael Blog - ESPN

--- I've seen some of the lighter weight purse bids at the $6000 range, but no is my answer to your question.

Have to be a registered promoter for starters, and then there's the unrecorded money greasing ABC palms that has to be factored in along with some other unfactored sleaze like who takes which ring card girl home, ect, ect......