The moment that made your day this year?

BoztheMadman

The moment in boxing that made MY day this year was when Jhonny Gonzalez knocked out Abner Mares in 1 round. Why? Because I never liked Mares and didn't like the hype he was getting and everybody else thought Jhonny would lose. Love it when that happens!:party: What is your choice? And please-stick to one choice, or at least try to!

Re: The moment that made your day this year?

I would have bet money on you saying Bellew or Price getting raped. ;) :mlol:

Nahhhh it was definitely seeing the Overhyped Champion that received his title through the post getting whooped for me :ranger:

2013 was a great year of boxing for me...

1. Broner being whooped - and I agree the little payback dance Maidana did probably just edged the KD's for the best moment in the fight.

2. Gonzalez knocking Mares out - another fighter I've never really had a liking for being humbled by an old favourite.

3. Khan going life and death with a mediocre lightweight, at 147lbs. I'm warming to him on a personal level, but he's not within a million miles of the level he thinks he's at. Hopefully it puts paid to the Mayweather bout nonsense.

Then there's a few others on a slightly different note;

1. Groves showing in the Froch bout - It suggests we may have another true high level British contender on our hands, with years of a career left ahead of him.

2. Haye finally retiring for good - I always liked the guy, but his HW career was an absolute liberty.

3. Vitali retiring - I always enjoyed his career tbh, but if Wlad is not far behind, then it REALLY opens up the heavyweight division again. It would have been nice to find someone capable of beating them, but because noone has been able to touch them, and they won't fight each other, the HW division has really stagnated.

My other choices are Rigo schooling and exposing the so-hyped Donaire and Croch getting a bruised ego and being put on his ass, tho that fight had a bitter ending, so I can't really say it made my day. But it was good to know that Groves isn't all hype and that Croch is what I thought he was-overhyped.:party:

This video gives me so much joy. 2013 didn't get better than this.

Special mention to Tony Bellew: Talked like a Killer and ended up fighting like a victim. Getting bitch-slapped by the "Midget Pimp".

:laugh: He had no other way to go really.