Huck: Lebedev Cracked My Ribs in The Fourth

Wheelchair

At Max Schmeling Halle in Berlin, Germany, WBO cruiserweight champion Marco Huck (31-1, 23 KOs) won a twelve round split decision over previously unbeaten Denis Lebedev (21-1, 16 KOs). The scores were 115-113, 115-113 for Huck, 116-112 for Lebedev. The fight was very close. There were many who agree that Lebedev had done enough to win.

The champion, Huck, says Lebedev is a very hard puncher and believes his ribs were fractured in the fourth round from a hook to the body. Huck says the shot to body left him in a lot of pain for the entire fight and affected his performance.

"I am extremely glad that everything worked out for me in spite of the injury. In the fourth round, he cracked my ribs with a stong shot. But in spite of it, I continued to fight. However, in all subsequent rounds I had to deal with the pain. I am extremely glad that I could win," Huck told Alexander Pavlov.

"He threw a hook when I was near the ropes. I felt a sharp pain in my ribs and I thought 'God, what happened?' I had to overcome the pain but thank God everything ended well."

Huck left the fight with a lot of respect for Lebedev. He gives him the edge to provide the other champions with a lot of problems.

"He is a very strong contender. If he fights with the champions of the other organizations, he can create lots of problems for his opponents to beat them. He has a very strong punch, which my ribs felt. I respect him as an athlete and I wish him all the best," Huck said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=34003

Never thought I'd see a worse decision this year than the rematch with Shumenov and Campillo - and I was wrong,as this was even worse.Other than the second round and very close fifth round,Huck did nothing but back up and throw nothing back in return.He'd throw the odd right every now and then and that was it.There is no possible way that you could score this for Huck.

I had Huck winning just two rounds.

Just watched this fight just now.

I tried to be objective and give Huck the advantage where he might have just edged it, but I think I gave just ONE clear round to Huck in the entire fight....

I don't think I've ever looked at a fight with so many "even" rounds, but it was impossible to give Huck the nod in almost any of them as a round winner...

Huck vs Lebedev

9-10 (A clear Lebedev round. Huck did very little and Lebedev was the aggressor)

10-9 (Lebedev still the aggressor and the busier. Huck throwing big single punches, but the 2 best punches of the round belong to him).

10-10 (Huck content to cover up and throw in bursts while Lebedev hunts him down. Best punches from Huck, but wildly missing with most of them. Huck throws his first combinations of the fight, while Lebedev stays busy for the entire round again).

9-10 (Clear Lebedev round. Huck missing wildly with everything he throws, and Lebedev visibly hurting Huck)

9-10 (Another clear Lebedev round. Huck on the back foot for most of the round, and content to throw wild individual hayemakers, while Lebedev continues to pepper him with shots. Lebedev down on the bell, but not adjudged a KD. Looked close between a push and a legitimate KD).

10-10 (A nice round for both men, with Lebedev again the aggressor and taking the majority of the round, but though Huck appears one-dimensional with obvious and predictable attacks, which Lebedev manages to slip most of, he still has some success. Lebedev ahs the edge, but not enough to give him the round).

9-10 (Very clear Lebedev round. Huck did nothing, and Denis continued to pursue him around the ring. Huck is just covering up and running for most of every round so far).

10-10 (Huck a bit more aggressive in the 8th, but again, almost exclusively sticking to throwing a single overhand right, which Lebedev is seeing a mile away. Close round, but Lebedev edging it for me. Lebedev warned for low blow again).

10-9 (Huck starting to stand and trade more often in this round, and there was a lot more toe-to-toe action. Very even, but gave it to Huck, given he's upped his workrate and is the Champion. Lebedev didn't do enough to take the round).

10-10 (Great round with back and forth action. Huck having some success with the overhand right and Lebedev having success with the jab. Nothing between them).

10-10 (Lebedev dominating a lot of the round, but Huck landing some of the better punches. Lebedev still the aggressor, but Huck less inclined to run down the stretch).

9-10 (Another Lebedev round. Bar one nice flurry, Huck was either on the back foot or wildly missing again).

115-118

Huck is completely one-dimensional, and almost exclusively throws his overhand right as his sole weapon, yet he did have a little success with it. He doesn't seem confident in his left hand at all, bar making some distance for himself.

He was content to run for almost an entire round, and then fight in bursts of single right hands, and I don't know how anyone can possibly make an argument for him winning.

I thought it was going to be a worse robbery than Shumenov after the first 6 rounds, but it evened up more down the stretch.

Still, Lebedev should rightfully be the champion!

I scored the fight for Lebedev. Huck often just looked for the 'Homerun' shot while backing away from the often relentless Lebedev. Lebedev at times out jabbed the taller Huck and often landed to the body.

I thought it was an exciting, 'edge of your seat' type of fight as both looked to land the KO punch and alot of hard shots got exchanged.

I had it a clear win for Lebedev and he got robbed. Credit to both for going the distance but Huck shouldn't have got the verdict.

Also, no champion is going to fight Lebedev unless forced too (mandatory), Huck and his people tried hard enough not to take this fight.

Not sure it was quite as one sided as the Campillo/Shumenov rematch (Campillo used Shumenovs head for target practice and was much busier) but the cards were a joke in both.

You might be right on that one.Lebedev didn't dominate the rounds to the extent that Campillo did,but I did have him winning even wider on the scorecards than I had Camplillo winning.

As badly as he got outclassed,Shumenov atleast put up a good effort in his fight.Huck didn't do that.

Huck vs Lebedev: WBO To Review Split Decision Verdict

Posted by: Ruslan Chikov on 12-26-2010.

The World Boxing Organization (WBO) will analyze the split decision from last Saturday's fight between cruiserweight champion Marco Huck of Germany and Russian challenger Denis Lebedev, says the challenger's manager Vladimir Hryunov. Huck won the split decision but there were many others who felt Lebedev did enough to win. The WBO has requested tapes of the fight and other relevant documents for review.

"A lot of the media, and some boxers, in particular, Arthur Abraham, acknowledged that Denis won the fight," Hryunov said.

Lebedev will remain in the mandatory position in the top ten rankings.

Huck vs Lebedev: WBO To Review Split Decision Verdict

Posted by: Ruslan Chikov on 12-26-2010.

The World Boxing Organization (WBO) will analyze the split decision from last Saturday's fight between cruiserweight champion Marco Huck of Germany and Russian challenger Denis Lebedev, says the challenger's manager Vladimir Hryunov. Huck won the split decision but there were many others who felt Lebedev did enough to win. The WBO has requested tapes of the fight and other relevant documents for review.

"A lot of the media, and some boxers, in particular, Arthur Abraham, acknowledged that Denis won the fight," Hryunov said.

Lebedev will remain in the mandatory position in the top ten rankings.

Good to hear, but the WBO, just as every other sanctioning body, are in the back pockets of promoters, and are very unlikely to do anything about it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that Lebedev clearly won anyway, and that he's at least making his feelings known.