Klitschko Nervous: Readies To Replace Chisora if Needed

Wheelchair

The WBO/IBF/IBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko is a little nervous over Dereck Chisora's legal troubles. The undefeated British challenger is scheduled to appear at the City of Westminster Magistrates' Court on November 10, which is only four weeks before his fight with Klitschko in Mannheim, Germany. Chisora is going to appear for sentencing on theft and assault charges. The assault charge carries a maximum penalty of six months in prison and/or a fine.

Klitschko revealed to the MK publication that he's negotiating with several possible opponents to replace Chisora - if the British boxer is sent to prison. Chisora's team is confident the unbeaten Brit will not receive any prison time, but Klitschko is not taking any chances with a major televised event in place. He wants a "backup plan" to avoid the possibility of having to cancel the event.

"Yes, we have already begun to negotiate with other opponents. But at the moment I still can not disclose their names," Klitschko said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=32344

http://admatch-syndication.mochila.com/pimg/ZUMA_Press__Inc_142340/ZUMA_Press_Inc297063/2010/10/23/20101019_zaf_n44_006.largeslideshow.jpg

Oct. 19, 2010 - London, Great Britain - National News and Pictures....PH: Rick Findler....15.10.10 Yalda Lontratchy (Boxer Derek Chisora's girlfriend) leaving Westminster Magistrates Court earlier today as the boxer is being charged with assault against her.

These contenders are such reluctant warriors that I can't imagine any of them wanting to jump in with less than a months notice. I shudder to think what this "backup plan" would be.

I have a missed call on my phonethat sauyys "International". I'm 6'2 and about 13 stone including a paunch. Reckon that's enough to make me into a heavyweight?

I have a missed call on my phonethat sauyys "International". I'm 6'2 and about 13 stone including a paunch. Reckon that's enough to make me into a heavyweight?

Gav-

As of this morning I've arranged for you to be the IBF #1 Contender despite having no record, and I'm going to send a guy around to Train you for the next two years without taking any serious fights, his name is Teddy Atlas.

These contenders are such reluctant warriors that I can't imagine any of them wanting to jump in with less than a months notice. I shudder to think what this "backup plan" would be.

Holyfield? cry//

LOL, hopefully he's already committed to this foolishness with Roy and isn't available for a Klitschko Beating.