Derek Chisora Reveals Three-Fight Contract With Klitschkos

Faulks

Derek Chisora Reveals Three-Fight Contract With Klitschkos - Says He Was Told Not To Make It Public

By James Slater: David Haye has claimed, for the longest time, that the Klitschko brothers are incredibly tough guys to do business with. Even now, with reports claiming Haye has a “50-50” deal on the table to fight Klitschko, and that all he has to do to make the fight is sign it, The WBA heavyweight champ says things are not that simple. Haye says that when the actual contract arrives in the post, “50-50” deals are “nothing of the kind.”

The latest fighter to have to deal with the demands the Klitschkos make in their contracts, is 14-0 hope Derek Chisora, who has signed to challenge Wladimir Klitschko on Dec. 11th. “Del Boy” has actually come forward publicly and told of the deal he signed - a deal he was told to keep silent about. Chisora must give Wladimir an immediate rematch should he cause the upset in December, and if he were to win that fight he would then be obligated to fight WBC king Vitali Klitschko.

Haye, when asked on Steve Bunce’s Boxing Hour show if he’d like to have an all-British unification bout with Chisora should the two men win their upcoming fights (Haye’s against Audley Harrison), replied it wouldn’t happen, because Chisora would be tied up “for years” fighting the Klitschkos - “if he’s signed anything like the contract they wanted me to agree to,” Haye said.

Well, Chisora has signed a three-fight contract, but the British and Commonwealth champ told Bunce that the three fights must all take place within a year, which is “good for me.” So should Chisora upset Wladmir, it seems he will be busy fighting the two brothers, but not for as long a time as Haye thought.

Chisora told the media that he is not concerned at how he has given out details of the contract he has recently signed to fight the Klitscho brothers; as reported by ESPN.co.uk

“They offered me crap money but this is me fighting for the sport I love and the titles I want. What winds me up every day is that they [the Klitschkos] have made the game very, very boring.”

Promoter Warren has said the opportunity for his fighter to get in there with the Klitschkos is a great one, even though he will be paid poor money. Warren also said he is surprised Haye didn’t agree to the terms Chisora has.

“There’s a 50-50 agreement in it, So I don’t know why Haye didn’t sign it,” Warren said.

But will Chisora be in trouble for having failed to keep the details of the contract confidential? Will Klitschko even go as far as to make good on his threat to pull out of the Dec.11th fight?

I thought slavery had been abolished?

Wheels-

I don't like these arrangements at all. The Ali Professional Boxing Act here in the United States put an end to Don King's practice of tying guys up and holding the title and even though I know the K2's are doing it to make sure they EACH can get a shot at Chisora if he pulls an upset, I'm still not wild about it.