David Haye: Klitschko vs Briggs is a Waste of Time!

Wheelchair

WBA heavyweight champion David Haye told The Sun that he doesn't plan to watch Vitali Klitschko's defense of the WBC title against Shannon Briggs, taking place later tonight in Hamburg, Germany. Instead, Haye will continue training for his November defense against Audley Harrison in Manchester. Haye considers Klitschko-Briggs a very predictable fight with only one possible outcome - a Klitschko win by knockout.

"Vitali-Briggs? I won't bother," Haye said. "Vitali is fighting a 38-year-old guy who is a chronic asthmatic. I anticipate Briggs getting slowly broken down and knocked out. For someone with asthma he has shown a lot of heart."

"Briggs turns up, shouts, screams, rips his T-shirt off and dyes his dreadlocks blond. It is pantomime for Germans - but real boxing people know their fight is a waste of time."

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=31884

I used to be behind this guy, big time, but after the announcement of the Harrison fight and the crap he's been spouting, I couldn't give a toss, anymore, and he's lost me as a fan.

He's like all the other money mad boxers who use their careers to make as much money as possible without the desire to fight the best.

I read the whole article in the Mirror this morning and he was saying they need him more than he needs them

Haye has lost the plot big time then.

And he lost it a long time ago

They do, Haye cant quite clearly milk his title and make money, the Harrison PPV numbers will be huge.

Klitschkos have run out of opponents they need him to get a great win in there set of average and good wins.

Joe I think you're a bit taken in by Haye's patter.

The Klits don't need Haye more than he needs them...

They have a series of great wins between them already and have swept aside any half-decent opponent, sometimes twice over.

Solis and Adamek, the only 2 other legitimate opponents left for Haye, would jump at the chance of a fight with the Klits, and I am sure they'll get around to making the fight a hell of a lot sooner than Haye would or could.

They have twice the availability, and twice the standing of Haye in the division.

Haye has beaten noone of note in his career.

Maccarinelli and Barrett have next to no legacy.

Ruiz and Valuev stink out the ring and have only a handful of big wins between them.

Mormeck is still Haye's biggest and most convincing win, and even he isn't all that.

It speaks volumes about his own credentials though, when after 3 years of hounding the Klits, he doesn;t just get it on, when a clean 50/50 split is offered.

These words are about as hypocritical as it gets, in boxing terms.

They have a series of great wins between them already and have swept aside any half-decent opponent, sometimes twice over.

Solis and Adamek, the only 2 other legitimate opponents left for Haye, would jump at the chance of a fight with the Klits, and I am sure they'll get around to making the fight a hell of a lot sooner than Haye would or could.

They have twice the availability, and twice the standing of Haye in the division.

Ruiz and Valuev stink out the ring and have only a handful of big wins between them.

Mormeck is still Haye's biggest and most convincing win, and even he isn't all that.

It speaks volumes about his own credentials though, when after 3 years of hounding the Klits, he doesn;t just get it on, when a clean 50/50 split is offered.

yeah 50/50 split is all being well but why should he sign a contract that contains a clause where he has to rematch one brother and fight the other?

yeah 50/50 split is all being well but why should he sign a contract that contains a clause where he has to rematch one brother and fight the other?

Why not? For one thing he already did so first time around, for another, who else is he gonna fight? He wants to beat them both, he wants to be remembered as a great - winning a 3-fight series must be a great way of doing that.

Also, this was apparently not on the table in the new discussions, so it's only speculation.

Wlad said all he wanted was to fight Haye with a clean 50/50 split.

No other bs to stop the fight being made, yet he still wouldn't sign it.

I, for one, am fed up of making excuses for the guy.

He needs to grow a pair and make the fight.

Also, this was apparently not on the table in the new discussions, so it's only speculation.

Wlad said all he wanted was to fight Haye with a clean 50/50 split.

No other bs to stop the fight being made, yet he still wouldn't sign it.

I, for one, am fed up of making excuses for the guy.

He needs to grow a pair and make the fight.

i think the new offer is for him to fight Vitali