Forums Top 5 Jr. Lightweights

edsel77x

We need your picks fellows...

Don't be shy it won't cost you and dime.

Now a time for all the Scot's to put a fellow country man on the number one ranking, he may only be there for this last fight shall he step up the competition of give Martinez the rematch! glol/

I had Martinez as my #1, so I guess I gotta give it to Burns and put him on top now, even though I have to wonder since I've only seen him the one time. Someone sent me some links to some of his other fights , but I haven't watched them yet.

1. Ricky Burns

2.Roman Martinez

3. Mzonke Fana

4. Takashi Uchiyama

5. Tie Vitali Tajbert and Jorge Solis

1. Takashi Uchiyama

2. Ricky Burns

3. Mzonke Fana

4. Jorge Solis

5. Roman Martinez

I put the top 2 in their places because of recent results alone.

Fana would have been top if it hadn;t been for his loss to Baloyi and Solis is on the slide, despite his loss to Cruz being a bit controversial and somewhat discounted in my opinion.

Martinez would have been the #1 also if he hadn;t suffered a fairly lopsided defeat to Burns.

All pretty close in the division, although noone in particular stands out, and the fact that Burns, who wouldn't have been in most people's UK top 10 fighters a couple of months back, being near the very top of the world level in his division off the back of a single win, tells it's own story.

• 2 weeks later...