Pac vs Marg: Tale of the Tape, Who wins?

WelshDevilRob

Pac vs Marg: Tale of the Tape, Who wins?  

1. 1. Pac vs Marg: Tale of the Tape, Who wins?

• Manny Ko
    • Antonio Ko
    • Manny Points
    • Antonio Points
    • Draw

i voted Pac by KO

the main factor like Ariza and Roach said is the conditioning, Pac has to be 100% spot on size wise or i think he struggles

word coming out of Camp Pacquaio at the moment, Pac's conditioning isn't too good

read an article earlier today, Roach saying that if the fight was today, Pac would lose, so he obviously isn't conditioned right for the extra weight he's put on

Garcia was a genuine lmw, manny isn't..

Scott, i've wrote Manny off not once, not twice, but 3 times with that very reason

i won't be adding to it with a 4th

he fought Oscar, i said nope too big

he fought Hatton, i said nope too big

and again he fought Cotto and i thought, surely not this time, too big and too good

wrong, wrong and wrong

i won't ever be writing Manny off for that reason again, not even if he fights a Klitschko mlol/

Garcia seemed to be considered a fringe top 10 type...so not world class but a solid type.

I had money on Manny against Oscar (who looked ill on the way to ring), against Hatton (which payed off my ppv coat) and against Cotto who Clottey had ran close (I did however go Manny on points). I couldn't understand why they didn't chase the Foreman fight....but the rumour was that Foreman was too big...Margos bigger, busier and harder working...

Scott, i've wrote Manny off not once, not twice, but 3 times with that very reason

and again he fought Cotto and i thought, surely not this time, too big and too good

wrong, wrong and wrong

i won't ever be writing Manny off for that reason again, not even if he fights a Klitschko mlol/

did basically the same thing... im not making the mistake again either.

This is one fight, where I think too many people are underestimating Margarito.

He's big, he throws over a hundred punches per round, and prior to Mosley was recognised for having a granite chin.

His reputation may be tarnished, but I don;t think his ability is in question, and had the fight taken place 2 years ago, noone would have given Manny a cat in hell's chance.

The problem being now, that Toni has had to contend with handwrap accusations that go beyond the Mosley fight, and was knocked out in the one fight it was picked up on.

He obviously can't load his chin, but I still put that down to an off night.

It is VERY difficult to look beyond a Pacquiao win, but I'll buck the trend and go for a draw! :P

I think both guys will have their moments, and quite possibly both of them will have their opportunities to win inside the distance.

I think it will end up closer to call than anyone is envisaging though.

wrong, wrong and wrong

did basically the same thing... im not making the mistake again either.

albeit 2 of the 3 were catchweights mlol/

6 inch reach difference too...

don't mention the 6 inches to Rob mlol/

Ooh-er! I din't know he took an interest in the difference between the inch measurements of guys! mlol/

haha he mentioned something about 6 inches being a lot in chat last night so i said to him is that what your misses says

This is one fight, where I think too many people are underestimating Margarito.

He's big, he throws over a hundred punches per round, and prior to Mosley was recognised for having a granite chin.

His reputation may be tarnished, but I don;t think his ability is in question, and had the fight taken place 2 years ago, noone would have given Manny a cat in hell's chance.

The problem being now, that Toni has had to contend with handwrap accusations that go beyond the Mosley fight, and was knocked out in the one fight it was picked up on.

He obviously can't load his chin, but I still put that down to an off night.

It is VERY difficult to look beyond a Pacquiao win, but I'll buck the trend and go for a draw! :P

I think both guys will have their moments, and quite possibly both of them will have their opportunities to win inside the distance.

I think it will end up closer to call than anyone is envisaging though.

I'll go with this mostly except for the draw.

I see a Manny win but, like Rob, wouldn't put an upset out of the question.

Okay so Margarito is slow and Pac is fast, so what?

Speed kills only when you have the strength to back it up and I can't see Manny knocking down Margarito let alone knock him down and out.

Only way Pac gets the KO is by overwhelming him with a volume of punches.

And he will have to fight on the backfoot, something he never has looked good doing, since Margarito will just keep coming forward because of his strong will.

Margarito's not the opponent I'd have put Manny in with if I was to save him for a potential Floyd bout, that's for sure, because he's getting badly bruised up either way, especially if somebody like a covering up Clottey could do that!

Margarito, a 160lb Middleweight, won't be blocking, he'll be punching non stop.

Manny on points but it's no formality and I expect him to be battle damaged after this one and Floyd will demand the fight take place at 154.

Pacquiao via a very clear,but competitive decision.Margarito is alot taller,but he's not the type of fighter who uses his height and reach as an advantage.Margarito fights out of a crouch and throws short hooks and uppercuts when inside.He is physically imposing,and naturally bigger than Pacquiao is - and as a pressure fighter,that counts for alot.Mosley showed the best way to eat Margarito is by slowing him down,using alot of body punching and holding to keep the fight at a measured pace - but Pacquiao's never been much of either - preferring a fight at a fast pace,little clinching,and many punches thrown.

I think the deciding factor will be Pacquiao's footwork.Pacquiao's conditioning allows him to throw alot,and use alot of angles without ever tiring.I see him giving Margarito alot of angles to deal with and doing alot more of the scoring.

• 3 weeks later...