James Kirkland released, returns on November 6th

RAZZ-MCFC

BoxingScene.com has confirmed that earlier this morning, undefeated junior middleweight James Kirkland (25-0, 22KOs) was released from Bastrop Federal Prison in Bastrop, Texas, and is now driving to a halfway in Austin. Kirkland is going to spend several months at the halfway house to finish up the remainder of his sentence. Kirkland has been imprisoned since April 2009 after pleading guilty to a charge of gun possession by a convicted felon.

BoxingScene was told that Kirkland will begin training immediately for planned ring return on November 6 at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. The event will be an HBO televised doubleheader with Zab Judah (38-6, 26 KOs) facing Lucas Matthysse in the main event. Kirkland's return will not be televised but HBO is expected to show clips of his non-televised fight.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=31393

I heard from a friend last night that he is meant to be fighting on the Khan bill.

I asked him where he got this info and he said from a friend in America but he's been wrong before, admittedly.

It's on boxrec that he is fighting on the Khan bill as well, although, as we know, it works off rumours and nothing more.

I heard from a friend last night that he is meant to be fighting on the Khan bill.

I asked him where he got this info and he said from a friend in America but he's been wrong before, admittedly.

It's on boxrec that he is fighting on the Khan bill as well, although, as we know, it works off rumours and nothing more.

Skav-

In fairness to your friend that lives here, some of our websites have REALLY been letting us down. I just quoted Boxingscene with with my last post, but it's had a few false rumors recently, and if your friend reads Bleacher and Mike Marley's Examiner Column, then he might as well just go to a Gypsy Palm Reader as to trust that guy anymore.

I think a November comeback was abit eager. The guys probably put on abit of weight and the last thing on his mind when coming out of prison is hitting a punchbag.

Rob-

Yeah, I thought that was AWFULLY optimistic to be fighting just six weeks after being released from Prison. Like Edsel points out, even the food in Prison was something that probably didn't do him any good, much less all the other things he was missing that go with his regular boxing routine.