Which Active Fighters Do You Consider to be All Time Greats?

grapevine241

Which Active Fighters Do You Consider to be All Time Greats? I mean at this point in their career, based on what the fighter has already accomplished, not what is expected of them in the future.

some of my picks that are definitely ATG's:

bernard hopkins

roy jones jr.

manny pacquiao

marco antonio barerra

juan manuel marquez

erik morales (is he officially retired lol?)

james toney

floyd mayweather jr.

shane mosley

the only ones im a little on the fence about are sugar shane and mayweather...

feel free to agree or disagree... and make sure you post your own lists :-)

Grapevine i don`t understand your picks, how can Marquez and Morales be better then Floyd? How is it possible everyone is stating the fight as the fight for the nr 1 and u have Floyd at 8th and manny at 3rd? I`m not sure what is the reason for that, but if you have something against Floyd, cool, but if you don`t, then please explain, cause i can show you tons of video, why Floyd should be in the top 3. I mean Floyd is the king of defense, he can adjust to any fighting style or strategy in matter of minutes, he dodges punches like the other opponent is a joke, he never been knocked down, i don`t even think he's been cut.

Grapevine i don`t understand your picks, how can Marquez and Morales be better then Floyd? How is it possible everyone is stating the fight as the fight for the nr 1 and u have Floyd at 8th and manny at 3rd? I`m not sure what is the reason for that, but if you have something against Floyd, cool, but if you don`t, then please explain, cause i can show you tons of video, why Floyd should be in the top 3. I mean Floyd is the king of defense, he can adjust to any fighting style or strategy in matter of minutes, he dodges punches like the other opponent is a joke, he never been knocked down, i don`t even think he's been cut.

I think it was a general list of names as opposed to any order of ranking mate.

Good list. A couple of other possibilities I would consider are Isreal Vazquez, Rafa Marquez and Ivan Calderon.

good suggestions. i agree with all three.

I think it was a general list of names as opposed to any order of ranking mate.

yup, the list isnt ranked.

• 8 months later...

nice to see this thread bumped. the only fighter i would have to amend from the list is izzy vazquez.

maybe there is a case for adding pongsaklek wonjongkam (tbh i havent seen enough of his career but he has the resume) and the klitschko bros. to the list:

bernard hopkins

roy jones jr.

manny pacquiao

marco antonio barerra

juan manuel marquez

erik morales

james toney

floyd mayweather jr.

shane mosley

rafael marquez

ivan calderon

My list: