Prizefighter Returns (and it looks good)

Faulks

Looking good this next Prizefighter. The lineup is below... Whats peoples thought on whos gonna win?

PRIZEFIGHTER is back – and returns with the first ever light-welterweights event.

Some of the biggest names in the division will be competing in Prizefighter Light-Welterweights, including former World, European and British Champions.

Ex WBA World Champion Gavin Rees is among the eight, as are Ted Bami, Jason Cook and Colin Lynes, who have all held European belts.

Former British title holders David Barnes, Barry Morrison and Young Mutley will also be vying for the £32,000 winner’s prize, while Southern Area Champion Lee Purdy completes a strong line-up.

The event, which is sponsored by PartyPoker.com, will be staged at the National Hall, Olympia in London on Friday, December 4.

October’s Prizefighter Heavyweights III, which was won by Audley Harrison, recorded the highest rating for any Sky Sports boxing show in recent times and this competition will again be screened on Sky Sports.

Matchroom Sport Chairman Barry Hearn is expecting another great night of boxing on December 4. He said: “Everybody keeps asking me after Prizefighter Heavyweights 3 what can you do to better that?

“There were record crowds, record television ratings and a brilliant night’s entertainment but all I can say is you ain’t seen nothing yet!

“Our first ever light-welterweights Prizefighter brings together a field of competitors that would grace any top-line boxing promotion.

“It’s amazing to get all this talent in one room for one night’s boxing and even more amazing when they’re going to battle down to one champion on one night.

“Prizefighter has been a breath of fresh air for professional boxing and I can’t wait for December 4 at the National Hall, Olympia and neither can the thousands of fight fans that are queuing for tickets.”

The full list of competitors is: Ted Bami (Brixton, London), David Barnes (Manchester), Jason Cook (Maesteg, Wales), Colin Lynes (Hornchurch, Essex), Barry Morrison (Motherwell,Scotland), Young Mutley (West Bromwich, West Midlands), Lee Purdy (Colchester, Essex), Gavin Rees (Newbridge, Wales).

Tickets cost £40 (unreserved) and £80 (reserved) and are available from See Tickets on 0870 903 9033, http://www.seetickets.com or from Matchroom Sport on 01277 359900.

PartyPoker.com Prizefighter Light-Welterweights

Name: Ted Bami

Nickname: Dangerous

Home town: Brixton, London

Professional record: W26 (13 by KO), L5, D0. Total 31 fights.

Achievement: Former European Light-Welterweight Champion, former WBF Light-Welterweight Champion.

Name: David Barnes

Nickname: None.

Home town: Manchester

Professional record: W24 (11 by KO), L1, D1. Total 26 fights.

Achievement: Former British Champion at light-welterweight and welterweight.

Name: Jason Cook

Nickname: The Power

Home town: Maesteg, Wales

Professional record: W25 (12 by KO), L2, D0. Total 27 fights.

Achievement: Former European Lightweight Champion, former IBO Lightweight Champion.

Name: Colin Lynes

Nickname: Lyno

Home town: Hornchurch, Essex

Professional record: W31 (12 by KO), L6, D0. Total 37 fights.

Achievement: Former European and British Light-Welterweight Champion, former IBO Light-Welterweight Champion.

Name: Barry Morrison

Nickname: The Bizness

Home town: Motherwell, Scotland

Professional record: W17 (7 by KO), L4, D0. Total 21 fights.

Achievement: Former British Light-Welterweight Champion.

Name: Young Mutley

Nickname: None

Home town: West Bromwich

Professional record: W26 (13 by KO), L3, D0. Total 29 fights.

Achievement: Former British Welterweight Champion, fought for British and European light-welterweight titles.

Name: Lee Purdy

Nickname: Lights Out

Home town: Colchester, Essex

Professional record: W12 (6 by KO), L1, D1. Total 14 fights.

Achievement: Current Southern Area Light-Welterweight Champion

Name: Gavin Rees

Nickname: The Rock

Home town: Newbridge, Wales

Professional record: W28 (14 by KO), L1, D0. Total 29 fights.

Achievement: Former WBA Light-Welterweight Champion.

Prizefighter just keeps getting better and better, The heavyweights was a good one but this is a very strong & exciting line up..

Another thing is its not on PPV, free to all those who have sky..

I know theres alot of people from elswhere than the UK who come on the site and all i can say is get on a stream :-) and watch this on Dec 4th as it really is a good show to watch.

Ok the purist will knock it as its on 3 rounds but its none stop action all night...

Oh and my tip for what its worth is David Barnes

shame its so far down south , i suppose it could of been anywhere as the contestants are so far spaced out

i think david barnes mum has more of a chance of winning it ian , shes so passionate and loud about her son even saw her arguing with the audience who told her to shut up and stop screaming mlol/

It's a terrific line up I'm going take punt on Gavin Rees, pity it's not at the home of boxing York Hall but it's still in my neck of the woods so that's ok.

" respect Barry hearn" he's brought back some much needed interest with the " prizefighter competition"