Ancajas' performance from last night [SPOILER]

pittbox

It's a serious disappointment for Ancajas to draw with relatively unknown Santiago after all those flawless performances in his championship bouts. He looked very mediocre as he wasn't landing enough power shots and was constantly eating telling blows from Santiago. What's your take on the decision? I had it 115-113 for the challenger, but I think that the draw is a good call. Ancajas still outlanded Santiago, even though Santiago's shots were more eye catching. I recall that I had Sanitago winning over Martinez in the last fight (officially a draw), so maybe he was kind of underrated. Nevertheless, I think that Ancajas had a seriously bad night.

Re: Ancajas' performance from last night

--- I'd suggest he's arrived at his pinnacle as a semi-Manny look alike and holder of an ABC belt and may fight to the level of his opponent when possible.

At the time of any first bell, a fighter tends to be off from a previous great performance. He has 3 big names above his ranking, but will those fights be made?

Re: Ancajas' performance from last night

He got bailed out big time by the judges. Santiago should drop down in weight whilst Ancajas needs to develop a plan b and c. I like Jerwin and have since he was fighting the likes of Inthanon.

I disagree massively with the idea of him moving up being a good idea though. He's not a big super Flyweight, a touch taller than Ioka who has just moved up. He's taller than Srisaket but not naturally a bigger man. Palicte is big for the weight, but none of the other leading Pinoys are.