140 WBA/WBC/IBF/WBO/Ring Unification: Josh Taylor vs Jose Carlos Ramirez in Vegas...

Dont bet on it for sure. Maybe too soon for Taylor after 17 fights to be fighting Ramirez.

You have already mentioned the key phrase tho "MTK Global fighter". And its in Vegas. DK is Uncle Bob's go-to man remember, cant praise him enough.

​​NINTCHDBPICT000584373519.jpg

The winner depends on who owns the judges. Personally I think Taylor is mad to fight Ramirez in his backyard in what is likely to be a close fight that goes the distance. I hadn't reckoned on the Killnahan link.

--- Venue is Virgin Hotels, aka a Sir Richard Branson bauble conglomeration combined with MTK in Vegas, well, Taylor is hardly out of his element. Prograis recently traveled into his backyard with less stellar promotional muscle, so 'tis what it 'tis, a great fight dependent on shaky financial alliances.

Unbelievable that no UK TV channel is picking this up. A huge travesty.

Probably dont want to be associated with the Irish mafia and risk being complicit in multi million pound money laundering charges when the shit eventually hits the fan.

Probably dont want to be associated with the Irish mafia and risk being complicit in multi million pound money laundering charges when the shit eventually hits the fan.

I doubt it, mate. Boxing will always be in murky waters lol. I bet it's down to old Bob asking way too much.

--- Winners get all the bragging rights, Boz.

Let's see what Josh does next. After all, what with The Ali Trophy, Ring Belt, and all the titles that count for anything, his noggin must be swelling out beyond the bounds of known geography. Treacherous falls from Grace from Mt Olympus the story of mankind...:lol:

Good as Taylor is, he gets hits far too often for my liking. I like the way he can make adjustments when the fight isn't going his way - that's the sign of a very good fighter.

The ref looked more than a bit biased with his 23 second recovery time after the 2nd knockdown when Ramirez looked absolutely gone.

--- Didn't see the fight, but JC and other commentary say that KD was a hit on the break, ie not legit and eligible for the full min recovery time, so what sayeth Robbo about that take?

At any rate, Bayless been a cringe worthy tool of Nevada and elsewhere for ages now has a nicely larded rump to fall back upon in retirement...

- -As I stated, Bayless long been circling the drain of credibility for a number of years did come in to tap Josh arm in a hold grip before the hard KD. This is indisputable, but did he call for a break or was this just being light in the loafers Kenny interfering without clear instruction?

Kenny was clearly flustered in the first flash KD. Didn't watch the fight, but I did watch the two KDs on ESPN. If he was a fighter, folks would say he's punch drunk...

Bayless did lightly tap Taylor's arm but then clearly backs away when he realises they're not clinching. That's one thing he didn't do wrong. The big problem was the 20+ second breaks with each knockdown. Edited by Robbo

--- We can agree on the 20 sec KD breaks, but for liability purpose boxing his forced to do more involved assessments after KD's, a necessity to keep modern boxing from being banned or sued out of existence.

Back in the day, when Archie Moore KDed Rocky who jumped up immediately, fans howled over the 2 sec the ref took to wipe Rocky's gloves on his shirt. Fans, can't live with em, can't live without em...:thumb: