Vasiliy Lomachenko next fight announced - Happy with his opponent?

The_budweiser

A classic tale of 2 halves fight. Remember also, Lopez had Joey Gamache in his corner, who has previously worked in Stinkychenko's corner. The writing was on the wall to predict the tactics. And predictably as ever, Loma used the same, tired old gameplan - "downloading information in the early rounds to gauge the correct range for the ko" - as the Lomasexual cheerleading commentary team like to call it. I prefer to call it "throwing the fight away if it goes to the cards."

Bradley called it spot on the Monday of fight week and stuck to his prediction, and everyone at ESPN laughed and called him everything from a renegade to a lunatic. Dre called it for Stinkychenko early doors in the week, so not wanting to admit he was wrong; scored it a stinky draw on his scorecard on fight night. It was never a draw, Dre.

I had it 8-4. With Lo-Tech definitely winning R8, R9, R10 & R11. The only round that was a pickem for us viewing on tv was R7. And obviously Lo-tech sycophants will make a (flawed) case for R2 as well.

Criticism of the judges scoring when all 3 have it to Lopez is unfounded as they were scoring it within a couple of metres of the action in a studio with less than 100 people in it, so no crowd distraction either. They can hear and 'feel' the punches landing or missing. Julie's score looked very wide, but she was ringside and we weren't. And its only the Lomasexuals who are banging the drum. The television 'overview' angle is never the best angle to be scoring a fight, live...

And post-fight as the dust settles, and the belts go on display in the Brooklyn district, the sour grapes not the tactics are stinking the place out. At least he went for the old shoulder aggravation rather than the little toe....

--- Speculation rife with Lomas next move after a 2nd surgery on his injured shoulder that required Injections denied Manny in the Floydy disaster. Also like Floydy, Lopez Sr hired a former Loma team member to scoop the essentials of those damaged shoulders in advance. I'd suggest if he really wants Teo again and not granted immediate relief, just follow him around picking off his defeated opponents until the cacophony of the rematchers overwhelms Teo.

A classic tale of 2 halves fight. Remember also, Lopez had Joey Gamache in his corner, who has previously worked in Stinkychenko's corner. The writing was on the wall to predict the tactics. And predictably as ever, Loma used the same, tired old gameplan - "downloading information in the early rounds to gauge the correct range for the ko" - as the Lomasexual cheerleading commentary team like to call it. I prefer to call it "throwing the fight away if it goes to the cards."

Bradley called it spot on the Monday of fight week and stuck to his prediction, and everyone at ESPN laughed and called him everything from a renegade to a lunatic. Dre called it for Stinkychenko early doors in the week, so not wanting to admit he was wrong; scored it a stinky draw on his scorecard on fight night. It was never a draw, Dre.

I had it 8-4. With Lo-Tech definitely winning R8, R9, R10 & R11. The only round that was a pickem for us viewing on tv was R7. And obviously Lo-tech sycophants will make a (flawed) case for R2 as well.

Criticism of the judges scoring when all 3 have it to Lopez is unfounded as they were scoring it within a couple of metres of the action in a studio with less than 100 people in it, so no crowd distraction either. They can hear and 'feel' the punches landing or missing. Julie's score looked very wide, but she was ringside and we weren't. And its only the Lomasexuals who are banging the drum. The television 'overview' angle is never the best angle to be scoring a fight, live...

And post-fight as the dust settles, and the belts go on display in the Brooklyn district, the sour grapes not the tactics are stinking the place out. At least he went for the old shoulder aggravation rather than the little toe....

So, you are once again in THAT mood...yikes.

• Like 1

Getting back to the original thread question, sort of:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be interesting to see Loma now fight Haney.

The outcome is obvious.

Then a Loma-Lopez rematch becomes inevitable.

There are some minor asterisks on Lopez' still-impressive win, like Loma's ring rust, his shoulder, his ego possibly causing him to wait too long to open up, etc.

A rematch with the same outcome (or a Lopez KO) would really cement Lopez' standing, esp if Loma first beat Haney.

Was a real boring fight for 6 rounds. I had Lopez winning. Loma now throwing out the standard 'shoulder injury' stuff. He's getting old and slow.

He's, also, said that Lopez' size and reach caused issues - this from the guy that said old Rigo being so small had no affect on him losing to Loma. Can't have it both ways :)

Was a real boring fight for 6 rounds. I had Lopez winning. Loma now throwing out the standard 'shoulder injury' stuff. He's getting old and slow.

He's, also, said that Lopez' size and reach caused issues - this from the guy that said old Rigo being so small had no affect on him losing to Loma. Can't have it both ways :)

That was no excuse. He had shoulder surgery not so long before the fight. I don't like the way you and some others here talk about Loma. GIVE HIM RESPECT FFS! You just love to stick it up some East Euro's ass, don't you?

That was no excuse. He had shoulder surgery not so long before the fight. I don't like the way you and some others here talk about Loma. GIVE HIM RESPECT FFS! You just love to stick it up some East Euro's ass, don't you?

EZ big lad. With me, its not an Eastern European thing, I have just personally disliked Loma for years :haha: I don't dislike you, do I ??

I have many other fighters on my dislike list - from all over the world, plenty ! - so please dont try to turn this into a racist situation.

EZ big lad. With me, its not an Eastern European thing, I have just personally disliked Loma for years :haha: I don't dislike you, do I ??

I have many other fighters on my dislike list - from all over the world, plenty ! - so please dont try to turn this into a racist situation.

I see people here who have only been waiting and looking forward to this-and now they are giving him all the shit they can. But fortunately-there isn't so much to go on. And would you kindly tell me WHY you have disliked him for years??

So the OP question referred to Loma vs Teo. NOW what does Loma do? (Two threads on one!)

A move back to 130 would be sensible. Unless Loma is on a mission to avenge the Teo loss. TopRank has plenty of options for Loma at 130. Or by the time Loma's ready to fight again, one or more of TopRank's 130-pounders could move up to 135. Berchelt and Herring for example. TopRank has numerous in-house options for Loma. Just the way they like it! Plus, the other promoters prominent at 130 are Matchroom and GoldenBoy (Jojo Diaz, Rene Alvarado), with whom TopRank has working relationships. So many choices.