Brian Carlos Castano and the problem with South American fighters

BoztheMadman

I've noticed he hasn't had a fight since 2 March, when he drew against Lara. Doesn't have anything scheduled either. I think that's unfair, fighters that come from continents such as SA, they are often neglected in favor of those who are either from North America or the Caribbean and live in USA, like Lara. Lara has now won the WBA title, without having to fight Castano again. Why?? Castano was actually the defending champion, why didn't he get to fight for that title against somebody else? To defend it, that is. He is still listed as "regular champion" by Boxrec. I don't get what's going on here. There is a history of South American fighters getting the short end of the stick in fights in US. Either getting robbed by the judges or getting treated unkindly by the refs. And nobody ever does anything about it.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Great topic. Castano can fight. No idea why he has been overlooked. Lara fighting for the WBA is crazy but that org is absolute trash these days.

Yeah...WBA are just a bunch of crooks-much like WBC, but they lack their prestige. A guy who wasn't holding the title when he fought to a draw with the title holder should NOT get another crack at the title right away! :nono: While the title holder is getting kept out in the cold. Nobody can tell me that's not because Castano is not based in USA.