Press Conference Drama! Prograis vs Taylor

Undefeated

If you haven't seen it please don't delay (click below) in case it gets taken down or edited out. The DAZN video is 15 mins shorter so they might have edited theirs to remove the Chisora rant (I can't be bothered to watch it again to see).

Dereck Chisora went OFF :lol: but does he have a point?

He basically said (for those who can't be bothered to watch the vid) that he should not be chief support and should be main event as it wouldn't be Box Office without him and Parker. He said that as a heavyweight from London that the O2 will sell out because of him and so he should be main event or he should be paid more money and that he is tired of selling out the O2 for other fighters "put some of that money in my pocket".

During his rant he threatened to "squash" Regis Prograis who tried to interject when Chisora was firing off and told Kalle Sauerland to "fck off" lol. Sauerland was next to speak and was visibly shaking when he was introducing Taylor and when it was Prograis' time to talk he admitted that Chisora got into his head.

Chisora left at some point before the end of the presser (Parker wasn't present so he wasn't required for a head to head anyway but still, Conor Benn's opponent wasn't present either but Benn stayed and posed off afterwards).

Q1: Is Del Boy right in what he is saying?

Q2: Will the outburst and disrespect bring his relationship with Matchroom to an end after this fight?

Q3: If he doesn't get more money do you think he will pull out?

Q4: Isn't this a GREAT card? (Prograis vs Taylor, Chisora vs Parker, Selby vs Burns, Okolie and Benn fighting too, just need a female on and it's complete)

Q5: Did you enjoy the presser?

Del Boy cant help himself. He always has to say something at any presser hes involved with for effect. This is nothing new for Del and nothing new for boxing its called hype to sell the show, Undefeated....

The whole of the show, in parts, should add up to a decision by the ppv buyer in the UK - or the Dazn sub buyer in other countries - as to whether it is value, and no one fight here sells it. The Americans will be far more interested to see Prograis' progress (no pun intended) than Del.

Its all an act by Del because the contract was signed weeks ago. He wouldnt have signed it if he wasnt happy.

• Like 1

LMAO ......

Derek Chisora needs to take a serious look at his professional record.

No hang on, he does have a point if you think about it. If we look at the venue and the fact that the PPV is only being sold in the United Kingdom and then you turn to the main event cast and see two 140lbers, one from the USA who has never fought a pro fight in the UK before and the casuals have never heard of then one from Scotland and most of the Scot's previous outings have been broadcast on CH5, you have to understand Del Boy's frustration.

--- Chisora always Benn a thug, but the thoughts were that he mellowed.

Certainly a 250 lb load of beef on a rampage can be quite frightening for the uninitiated when on a rampage, but after how kissy he became with Whyte and Haye, gotta be staged with Past Eddie in his panto role.

Even David Haye was a little nervous (although obviously he's destroyed Chisora twice already so I won't claim he was frightened to interrupt but he certainly stayed silent) but Prograis quickly shut his mouth once Chisora threatened to squash him :haha: Sauerland was scared too.

Was it staged? Did you watch it? It didn't look staged to me since why would Adam Smith and Eddie Hearn want to be made to look like criminals in front of the world, Chisora was bascially claiming they were shafting him "with no Vaseline" hahahahahahaha That doesn't look good for Hearn especially following his dad's " ex slave master" comments a few months back, a bizarre thing to request Chisora to do I would have thought

Del Boy cant help himself. He always has to say something at any presser hes involved with for effect. This is nothing new for Del and nothing new for boxing its called hype to sell the show, Undefeated....

The whole of the show, in parts, should add up to a decision by the ppv buyer in the UK - or the Dazn sub buyer in other countries - as to whether it is value, and no one fight here sells it. The Americans will be far more interested to see Prograis' progress (no pun intended) than Del.

Its all an act by Del because the contract was signed weeks ago. He wouldnt have signed it if he wasnt happy.

But Chisora was bemoaning the fact that Hearn was asking him to sell the show so that Prograis & Taylor could take the lions share of the proceeds, I dunno if Chisora's that calculated he appears to me to be a bit simpler than that and led by emotions as opposed to say a David Haye who was very clever and salesman-like. You could be right though I don't have the inside track, just my musings.

I'm not American but I'm more interested in the WBSS final too, the thing is the PPV is a UK sell and so it's the Brits that will be paying and as you imply they wanna see Chisora vs Parker more than the main event and I've done some research (checking comments on YT videos) and that seems to be the overwhelming British fight fan position with this card, they don't know who Prograis or Taylor are, they want to see Chisora in action and a knockout.

I certainly will say that if this wasn't an act then he shouldn't have signed and should have ironed out the issues before the press conference however, someone speculated that perhaps Chisora was told he would be headlining and then when he got to the press conference and saw he wasn't sitting in the centre of the table and his name wasn't in the largest font on the poster, that sparked his reaction but again, who knows? Waiting for Kugan to catch up with Del Boy now so I can get the lowdown!

Q1: Is Del Boy right in what he is saying?

I think he has a point as he is putting numbers on the show being a local lad and he will sell tickets with his fans. But, at the same time you can't sign a contract agreeing to the terms then moan about it afterwards. If he was really that bothered he should have told them where to go. Maybe he hasn't signed a contract as he said I'm top of the show or pull me off the f**king show!

Q2: Will the outburst and disrespect bring his relationship with Matchroom to an end after this fight?

I don't think so. His outburst might of rattled Hearn but I don't think it will affect their relationship as long as Hearn’s making £££ out of it and his outburst is free publicity. He's probably saving money on publicity now as people are talking about the show and Chisora’s outburst.

Q3: If he doesn't get more money do you think he will pull out?

Nope! Money and a win get him more money and a bigger fight.

Q4: Isn't this a GREAT card? (Prograis vs Taylor, Chisora vs Parker, Selby vs Burns, Okolie and Benn fighting too, just need a female on and it's complete)

Really looking forward to this card but not fussed about Chisora-Parker tbh but don't tell Delboy I said that, he's got my number I think :lol:

• Like 1

Chisora either up-ends a table, throws a glass of water, or starts a shoving and pushing match at EVERY presser he has ever attended ! Get real lads - its plain and simple hype. He's not thick - he is advised by Haye now, and neither him nor David would have agreed to sign the contract if they weren't happy....

Hype is nothing new - I can recall seeing filmreel of Ali laying beartraps in the foyer of the hotel for Frazier's arrival for the weigh ins at the Ali-Frazier II fight. Its theatre, to sell tickets and not to be confused with a real beef.

Chisora either up-ends a table, throws a glass of water, or starts a shoving and pushing match at EVERY presser he has ever attended ! Get real lads - its plain and simple hype. He's not thick - he is advised by Haye now, and neither him nor David would have agreed to sign the contract if they weren't happy....

Hype is nothing new - I can recall seeing filmreel of Ali laying beartraps in the foyer of the hotel for Frazier's arrival for the weigh ins at the Ali-Frazier II fight. Its theatre, to sell tickets and not to be confused with a real beef.

Do you really think its staged @selij or do you think Chisora is just a loose cannon?

Looks like Chisora is getting what he wants!

https://www.ringnews24.com/2019/09/11/team-parker-agrees-that-dereck-chisora-clash-should-top-o2-bill/

Do you really think its staged @selij or do you think Chisora is just a loose cannon?

Looks like Chisora is getting what he wants!

https://www.ringnews24.com/2019/09/11/team-parker-agrees-that-dereck-chisora-clash-should-top-o2-bill/

All that article states is that Higgins (Parker's trainer) agrees with Chisora. It doesn't say a concession has been made by Matchroom to reverse their decision.

All that article states is that Higgins (Parker's trainer) agrees with Chisora. It doesn't say a concession has been made by Matchroom to reverse their decision.

True. I watched an interview where Parker was asked and he was non-committal but good old Dave gives it to you straight but if Hearn and Smith don't agree it then nothing will change and it's difficult to see how a unification fight in the WBSS final can be anything but the main event especially when the fight vying for the slot is far less meaningful. If Chisora loses, so what? If Parker loses, so what?

Does anybody know if the WBSS format will be used for all the fights on the card or just the main event? Usually it's the whole card but then usually all of the fights are tournament fights or the standby's. Just to be clear, I'm asking if the fighters will have to wait outside of the ring until both fighters are in position and Diamante says 'please step into the light'? I imagine in the event of a draw on any fight aside from the main event there'll be no 4th judge, I'm pretty sure the rules won't apply so just wondering about the ceremony really.

And @selij I noted your post about my multiple posting contravention (sorry about that) and this time I clicked 'quote' on your post and on [uSER=2]the_budweiser[/uSER] post but only yours is appearing in my box now and so is there a way that I can quote multiple people in a single post or do I just have to copy and paste what they wrote into my new post?

And also, whilst I'm here, I notice you both have blue names, is it just you two that control the site or is there others? It took me a while to notice you was admin too, I thought [uSER=2]the_budweiser[/uSER] owned the site when I first joined (I don't pay very good attn sometimes) then much later I realised that your name was blue too and that this meant you can delete stuff etc and are admin. Once I needed budweiser to fix my post and he was away but I thought he was the only one so I had to wait for him to come back when you were here all along and I could have just told you the problem. Anyway enough chit chat, I should get to bed, it's almost 1:peace:

I noted your post about my multiple posting contravention (sorry about that)

No need to apologise, and no punishment dished out :thumb: its the Mods of that forum who should be apologising to me for not noticing/bothering/caring. It shouldn't be left to me to come onto World forum and do their work for them. In fact one of the mods double posts himself frequently when no one replies to a post he's made, but that's another story.

so is there a way that I can quote multiple people in a single post or do I just have to copy and paste what they wrote into my new post?

The quick answer is: I don't f**ing know :lol: We've had to migrate servers to save £ costs and the newer v5 software is now being used (the old forum was v4) so just 'suck it and see' mate, no harm will be done - we're all feeling our way around it at the moment and finding numerous bugs too. Please report any to me or Bud or WSMFC64 and we can get the server guy to look into them. There's bit of a post here that morphed into a bugs thread https://www.koboxingforum.com/forum/general-topics/chatterbox/961022-please-read-is-it-just-me-or

Re: forum hierarchy - its Admin, Super Moderator, Moderator, Member and all have different colours and more importantly privileges. Moderators control and censor/edit keep the rules applied to a particular forum. Super Mods have power over the Mods and Admins have power over all. But, Bud - as site owner - is like a 'Super-Admin' although this class doesn't physically exist.

There is a lot of deadwood at Moderator stage - again - we ought to have another 'weed out' really. Perhaps you would like to apply if Bud throws positions open again ? You are an active forum member and could maybe bring some benefits to us ?

• Like 1

I dont mind double posting as the forums quiet so any posting is welcome. There aren't as many plugin that were on Vbulletin 4. There used to be one that auto joined posts if you made one after another. I'll need to find out if this is available over the weekend.

As Sel said your more than welcome to become a mod if you wish.

• Like 1

I've just checked the forum I Admin at. It is still on vBulletin Version 4.2.2 and there is an option for multi-quote. It might be something to do with the styles template.

ajx1bB5.png

The only other thing I can think of is to quote a post, copy the text and cancel. Then quote the next post and paste your original quoted post into the reply. It's a bit long winded, so it's good the Bud is being lenient whilst the forums are quiet.

Posts merged ^ ^

Its not permitted to double post, nvm triple post. Thanks.

I dont mind double posting as the forums quiet so any posting is welcome. There aren't as many plugin that were on Vbulletin 4. There used to be one that auto joined posts if you made one after another. I'll need to find out if this is available over the weekend.

As Sel said your more than welcome to become a mod if you wish.

I've just checked the forum I Admin at. It is still on vBulletin Version 4.2.2 and there is an option for multi-quote. It might be something to do with the styles template.

ajx1bB5.png

The only other thing I can think of is to quote a post, copy the text and cancel. Then quote the next post and paste your original quoted post into the reply. It's a bit long winded, so it's good the Bud is being lenient whilst the forums are quiet.

Right, did some digging. You have to hit "Quote" on every post you want to quote and then click "Post Reply" at the very top left of the page. Then your multiple quotes get inserted in your reply.

oPliiFV.png

Edited by Bear Hugger
  • Like 1