Crawford vs Indongo Unification, Who You Got?

LondonRingRules

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Crawford vs Indongo Unification, Who You Got?

Punch perfect performance from Crawford, I did not expect to see Indongo to be so nervous and jittery.

He didn't look nervous & jittery to me. I realize that's what the commentators suggested, but then they are basically idiots that on a good night manage to parrot what the network wants them to. Maybe Indongo was a little tight in the first minute or so, but then most fighters are.

IMO, Indongo fought incredibly well, considering who he was up against. He threw a lot of combos, (most of which were blocked or evaded, but they slowed Crawford down) he used angles well, and he showed very good defense, overall.

- Which makes Crawford's win all that much more impressive. Bud is so bloody calm under pressure, it's lovely to watch. - And Indongo definitely brought pressure.

Hopefully Indongo will learn from this loss, and continue to improve. With Crawford probably moving soon to 147, Indongo could still have quite a career in the somewhat dismal SWW division. Crawford, meanwhile, should plow through 147 like a white supremacist at Charlotsville street protest. ( :whistle: )

-At least until he meets up with Spence. Whoo boy, that's gonna' be SOME fight.

I know, I know. I just couldn't help myself.

I think that Indongo just matched Crawford's style perfectly. Probably a very good swarmer type fighter can give Crawford some problems, but if you're awkward like Indongo he's going to outclass you. Terence is clearly improving, though. I still remember how we was losing against Dulorme after 5 rounds on my card. He had a slow start against Gamboa, too. I haven't seen the fight against Burns and I'm not sure how credible are the cards with Burns winning 4 rounds. Anyway, Crawford seems like a perfect boxer at the moment. Fight against Garcia would be awesome, but seems hard to make.

Punch perfect performance from Crawford, I did not expect to see Indongo to be so nervous and jittery.

I agree, I think Crawford looked nervous in there and he didn't look relaxed to me. Big stage fighting Crawford maybe nerves got to him.

A brilliantly timed body shot. Had Indongo queezy in the previous round. Indongo is unorthodox, awkward and wild compared to the composed, well-schooled Crawford. Interesting to see what happens next for Crawford - think Bob will try and match him with the Horn vs Pacquiao winner. Most other fighters seem to be with Al Haymon.

A brilliantly timed body shot. Had Indongo queezy in the previous round. Indongo is unorthodox, awkward and wild compared to the composed, well-schooled Crawford. Interesting to see what happens next for Crawford - think Bob will try and match him with the Horn vs Pacquiao winner. Most other fighters seem to be with Al Haymon.

I think that is most likely the option bob will take, a passing of the torch type fight. Maybe this is the fight that can elevate Crawford to becoming a household name? Especially if he was dispatch of Pacquiao in similar fashion to Indongo. As for the Al Haymon fighters, then I don't think there will be much of a hurdle as the whole lawsuit against Haymon is over and I think they have worked together on a fight since, but cannot recall which one.

Nice body shot to end it from Crawford. To think he continues to make fighting as a leftie so effortlessly flawless is remarkable. See how there is reports of him fighting 1 more time at the end of the year, wouldn't put my hopes up on that being Pacquiao cuz he has a return date at the end of the year with Horn. Maybe Lipinets gets to square off with Crawford.

--- Arum took an out of court settlement against Haymon, perhaps wisely, so for now they have a limited working relationship.

Bud continues to grow into a legacy and is by light years the best US fighter with only pantywaists to argue against him. Arguably p4p # 1, with golovkin being top dog in my book. Hope to see Indongo back soon. Boxing needs plenty more of what he brings to the fight game.

Indongo looked like a rabbit caught in headlights, really poor, i look forward to Crawford moving up now for a real challenge, I'm not interested in him facing Mikey because he's to big for him and he'd destroy him, Porter, Thurman or Spence would be good but the winner of Horn/Manny 2 is most likely

]Indongo looked like a rabbit caught in headlights' date=' really poor,[/b'] i look forward to Crawford moving up now for a real challenge, I'm not interested in him facing Mikey because he's to big for him and he'd destroy him, Porter, Thurman or Spence would be good but the winner of Horn/Manny 2 is most likely

Everybody keeps saying this.

I must have seen a different fight. I thought Indongo fought really WELL. He simply got outclassed by one of the best fighters in the game today.

Now I would like to see Crawford vs Thurman, maybe before a match with Shawn Porter, a hard and very pressure fighter who could hardly engage Terence. After a super fight with One Time, but I see Crawford favorite, for me this guy now is the best boxer in the world (along with Lomachenko)

Now I would like to see Crawford vs Thurman, maybe before a match with Shawn Porter, a hard and very pressure fighter who could hardly engage Terence. After a super fight with One Time, but I see Crawford favorite, for me this guy now is the best boxer in the world (along with Lomachenko)

Yep. That should be a huge money-maker. I could understand Crawford wanting to get more used to the weight first, though.

Still, Crawford-Thurman makes sense right NOW, as both guys already have huge reputations, momentum, & fan interest. From a business standpoint, it's a fight that does NOT need more marinating. Could this end up being the icing on the boxing cake that is 2017?

Yes, now it's good, as you say you both fighter are at maximum shape and it would be a great match. For me the match doing it in December 2017 or April 2018 would be the same, obviously I don't want another Pacquiao-Mayweather saga, that is a match that comes after 5 years that we boxing fans look forward to