Amir Khan better than Ricky Hatton!

jamzmaxwell

Re: Amir Khan better than Ricky Hatton!

In 100 years time people will remember Hatton for his workrate, body shots, heart and phenomenal fan base.

Khan will be remembered as "Worst chin in boxing"

I think that says it all.....

I just posted a thread about Malignaggi were he said Khan had the best jab in boxing - http://www.koboxingforum.com/showthread.php?t=108294&p=267452#post267452

In a recent statement, Paulie Malignaggi said that Amir khan is better than Ricky. In this contest he added that Amir deserves the same fame as the welterweight Ricky "Hitman" had.

--- Well, talk is Manny may well try for a couple more fights now that he's been easily elected to the Filipino senate with 90% of the votes counted.

Manny knocked Ricky completely out of boxing as we recall, so big thanks Paulie, that's swell of you to be looking after your buddy Khan.

In a recent statement, Paulie Malignaggi said that Amir khan is better than Ricky. In this contest he added that Amir deserves the same fame as the welterweight Ricky "Hitman" had. So what your views about this story?

Did he really say that? I love Malignaggi but sometime he just needs to shut up!

I had to Google for proof - Amir Khan better than Ricky Hatton, says Paulie Malignaggi | Boxing News | Sky Sports

If you read the article he says his skill set was better and I agree with Mal. Sky are exaggerating their headline to get more views.

I think at this stage Hatton is the better fight. It's still early in Khan's career and he is still to fight some big names. Even though he lost against Canelo he still fought intelligently against someone with a much superior power. It takes a lot for a lightweight to get in the ring with a natural middleweight. It was just too much of a jump. A bit like McGregor vs Diaz. Too much of a weight jump. Khan would need to stay focused and keep fighting big names with some good wins to make it to Hatton's level!

• 4 weeks later...

Both different typs of fighters. Ricky was a relentless Warrior who gave everything in his fights and in his fight with Tszyu he shocked the world and made Manchester burn hotter the the hell. Amir is a world class boxer with fast hands and feet. The Britains loved every fighter from his Island. They loved technicians, punchers, warriors every fighter who fights unter the british banner.

The reason why ricky is still a bit highter in the british ranking is because that atmosphere he generated at his fights. His walk ins (Ricky Fatton) are legendary and then there is the Tszyu fight who made him the ultimate Star.

Amir was at some point the fast 140 Id in the world but never had a big fight in the UK. His top fights with Maidana, Judah where in america. He never hat a defining moment in the UK. Ricky gave his fans electric moments, Khan not.

From the boxer standpoint is can the better man. From the Warrior point, ricky. But both fighters deserved credit for getting in the ring and gave us some really good moments.