A potential American Star?

17-year-old boxing prodigy Devin "The Dream" Haney

Lightweight sensation Devin “The Dream” Haney (5-0, 3 KOs) is a boxing prodigy. The gifted 17-year-old boxer, fighting out of Las Vegas, will make his national television debut May 21, at home, on the “Knockout Night at the D” card.

Read more: 17-year-old boxing prodigy Devin "The Dream" Haney - - Boxing News - Ring News24

-------------------------------

How good is Haney and how far can he go?

http://www.ringnews24.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Devin-Haney.jpg

Re: A potential American Star?

Too dangerous calling this boy a prodigy, cause he could believe that and stop working on his skills, his body and everything he obviously needs. We´ll see. We need this type of promises to keep boxing alive...and kicking!

Thanks for this. He looks good. Is he out of the Mayweather gym? Has clearly got that shoulder roll going on and that up and down upper body movement. Always interested to see talented prospects develop. I'm looking forward to seeing how Shakur Stevenson does in Rio and how well he is brought through as a pro in the future.

This lad has some good stuff to show-up in near future

I watched this kid, I see him as a total package he is skilled, slick, he is got solid defense, speed, Good reach and Good height for lower weight classes and moreover he is just 16.

I hope and expect that Floyd shouldn't rush him (prematurely) into a title fight.

• 4 weeks later...