Could we be looking at Billy Joe v GGG ?

Billy Joe Saunders welcomes offer to face Gennady Golovkin in 2016 | Boxing News | Sky Sports

[h=1]Billy Joe Saunders welcomes offer to face Gennady Golovkin in 2016[/h] [h=3]By Isaac Robinson[/h] Last Updated: 31/12/15 4:30pm

http://e0.365dm.com/15/12/16-9/20/billy-joe-saunders-wbo-world-middleweight-title_3390861.jpg?20151221113253

Billy Joe Saunders prepared to face Gennady Golovkin in unification bout

Billy Joe Saunders has welcomed the news that representatives of Gennady Golovkin are offering a unification fight.

The 26-year-old (23-0-KO12) became WBO world middleweight champion when he outpointed Andy Lee in Manchester on December 19 and is eyeing some lucrative clashes in 2016.

Perhaps the most lucrative of all would be a showdown with divisional kingpin Golovkin (34-0-KO31), who currently holds the WBA Super, IBF and WBC interim crowns and is regarded by many as the pound-for-pound king of the sport.

Re: Could we be looking at Billy Joe v GGG ?

The next opponent for Billy Joe Saunders will be Eubank Junior again, I suppose.

The first fight was very close and there will be big payday for both fighters.

This, no doubt.

- But maybe Golovkin after that, if Saunders looks really crisp in the rematch. I could see him giving Golovkin a tough night with his defensive movement. He couldn't POSSIBLY win, and it might end up being almost as boring as a WLad Klitschko fight, but it also MIGHT be highly entertaining.

Heck, Golovkin has to fight SOMEBODY.

Edited by Cableaddict

Re: Could we be looking at Billy Joe v GGG ?

I think Eubank is doing the right thing - stepping away from World level to continue getting experience at British level. The kid seems to have his head screwed on. We all moan about fighters having World titles and then fighting development fights - Andre Berto was one that often got mentioned.

Eubank knows he isn't on GGG's level and the original BJS fight taught him, and showed us, his inexperience. I think Eubank beats BJS in a rematch but understand why he is waiting to do it.

• 5 weeks later...