Arthur Abraham: I will win in a fight against Ward

WelshDevilRob

Arthur Abraham: I will win in a fight against Ward

PanARMENIAN.Net - Super Six World Boxing Classic Semifinalists Andre Ward and Arthur Abraham participated in a press conference to formally announce their May 14 showdown in Carson, U.S. Ward will defend his WBA Super Middleweight title against the European superstar and former world champion to kick off the Semifinals of the groundbreaking tournament.

Abraham, who is in the middle of training for the fight, was not able to attend the press conference from his home base in Berlin, Germany and joined via video conference.

“I’m looking forward to May 14 and having a great fight. I am feeling OK. I was a little sick but I just started training again and I should be fine. We are getting ready for a good fight. The tune up fight didn’t give me as much as I wanted but it was OK. It was good to get back in the ring and get that feeling,” the boxer said.

“You’ll be surprised on May 14. It’s not my style to make big predictions. I want to show you inside the ring. I know Ward is the favourite but that motivates me even more. Over history many favourites have crashed down.”

“I look forward to coming over to the U.S. I will give 120 percent. Together, with the Armenian fans, I will win the title and reach the finals.

“The Armenian fans will motivate me. That makes this fight more special for me. I will not disappoint them. We will win on May 14 and then we’ll win the final,” Abraham said, according to fightnews.com

Wards most dangerous fight to date imo, Ward is very skilled but dont think he has the strength or power to do what Froch did to Abraham therefore, I think Abraham could walk through his shots and land some big bombs then I expect it to be lights out for Ward, his chin is weak.

Ward can not follow the gameplans of Froch and Dirrel as he does not have the advantages the other two have.

You mean he can't box with straight shots and move leaving AA unable to set him self?

He doesnt have the reach of Froch nor the foot speed of Dirrell. Sure he can try to keep him on the end of a Jab like Froch did, but with just a one inch reach advantage, that could play into AA's hands.

I think this is a fight that we are all kind of taking for granted, and one thing last weekend showed us was the danger in assuming results. I THINK that Ward should be able to outbox Abraham, especially since AA seems to be unable to get off to a quick start to save his life and will likely spot Andre early rounds, but you never know. Personally, I thought Ward benefited from facing a Kessler that had been out of big fight action for some time and wasn't at his best and the head clashes took Mikkel further out of his game. After that, it was wins over Green and Bika that told us little........Ward has kind of become the Psuedo-favorite for this thing, and I don't think it's inconceivable we might be sleeping on this one. It'll be an Abraham with his Back against the Wall and with Nothing to Lose, and as bad as he's looked at 168, sometimes those fighters in that situation are a handful.

I'd like to think that this fight is not a foregone conclusion, and I'd also love to see Abraham knock out Ward...I simply can't see it though, under any circumstance.

Ward is very very overrated imo, but Abraham has been hopeless at 168 lbs.

He always has the fortune of having big power behind him, but bar landing a flush hard punch right on target, Ward will get the nod, no matter what happens.

Ward fights dirty, and this will work against him with a guy like Abraham imo.

It will be closer than many people reckon, but the end result will be the same.

Ward points.