Gatti-Ward, sequel to The Fighter?

Watching the first Arturo Gatti-Micky Ward fight with my roommate who has not seen it since it aired live.

They are talking about doing a sequel to The Fighter and putting a heavy focus on the trilogy between the two. I think the story arc of Ward training Gatti for his last fight is pretty awesome.

Did anyone read the book Bob O'Halloran wrote about Ward? If you haven't, the movie doesn't quite do justice to all the trials and tribulations that Ward went through.

Reading about the negotiations for the three fights is interesting as well. One of the best reads I've been able to get through in the last five years.

Round nine will live on forever.

Not a bad idea but not sure if it's a great idea either. When i first heard it would only go up to the Shea Neary fight i thought that was mad but i can see why it was now.

Firstly, the film about their lives is actually more interesting. The brother who was a former quality boxer who then became a complete drug addict and the brother who is trying to make a thing of his boxing career despite not being the most talented boxer. Then throw in the deadbeat town they come from (no offence to Lowell haha), the crazy sisters, the bossy mother etc and it makes for an interesting plot.

Secondly, i don't really like boxing films. That's my own opinion. One reason is they fail to capture the drama of the real bouts in any shape or form. Let's be honest, can Mark Wahlberg and an unnamed actor recreate the Gatti-Ward trilogy? I highly doubt that. It could then be questioned "Well, how can they possibly do that? That trilogy was one of the best trilogies ever". Well, if they can't, then why bother trying?

I don't think a sequel is a bad idea but i'd wonder where they can go with it. I know Dickie Eklund has since got back into drugs. How much so, i don't know. But, i know after he kicked the drug habit, it returned. So i suppose they could do that. Also, the Gatti trilogy will be integral. But, what else?

Movie goers would be bored if the story just goes back to the drugs and the love story of the first film.

I think if the film isn't done right it could be awful.

Not a bad idea but not sure if it's a great idea either. When i first heard it would only go up to the Shea Neary fight i thought that was mad but i can see why it was now.

Firstly, the film about their lives is actually more interesting. The brother who was a former quality boxer who then became a complete drug addict and the brother who is trying to make a thing of his boxing career despite not being the most talented boxer. Then throw in the deadbeat town they come from (no offence to Lowell haha), the crazy sisters, the bossy mother etc and it makes for an interesting plot.

Secondly, i don't really like boxing films. That's my own opinion. One reason is they fail to capture the drama of the real bouts in any shape or form. Let's be honest, can Mark Wahlberg and an unnamed actor recreate the Gatti-Ward trilogy? I highly doubt that. It could then be questioned "Well, how can they possibly do that? That trilogy was one of the best trilogies ever". Well, if they can't, then why bother trying?

I don't think a sequel is a bad idea but i'd wonder where they can go with it. I know Dickie Eklund has since got back into drugs. How much so, i don't know. But, i know after he kicked the drug habit, it returned. So i suppose they could do that. Also, the Gatti trilogy will be integral. But, what else?

Movie goers would be bored if the story just goes back to the drugs and the love story of the first film.

I think if the film isn't done right it could be awful.

I think you hit the nail on the head there mate, a sequel would be quite boring really, alot of the drama had died down by that stage, it probably wouldnt make for a very interesting film.

How about just a documentary on this triology, I would subscribe...anyway as far as the fighter is concerned, I thought the story was inspirational and I really believe Ward could have been loads better with a clear mind and proper training but nonetheless it was awesome to see that kidney shot. The actualy boxing in the movie was absolute horrid, walberg looked like he was an actor portraying a boxer, he should have took a page out of apollo creed's book...that guy looked like a boxer.