Juanma Lopez-Ricky Burns Deal is on The Table?

WelshDevilRob

Juanma Lopez-Ricky Burns Deal is on The Table?

by Rey Colon

According to multiple sources in Puerto Rico, there are rumors that an offer of $3 million dollars was extending to WBO featherweight champion Juan Manuel Lopez, to entice the Puerto Rican star to move up in weight to challenge Ricky Burns, the WBO's champion at super featherweight. Based on the information going around, Burns is willing to come to Puerto Rico to face Lopez.

The date of April 16 in Puerto Rico has already been set aside for Lopez's next fight. Unbeaten Philadelphia boxer Teon Kennedy has been named as the likely opponent.

Rey Colon covers the Puerto Rican boxing scene for Sport Press.

the rematch with Roman Maritnez is in order.

I don't understand? It being such an scintillating fight why was not a rematch not considered. I need to find out why Roman did push for it. It more less falls on him to request it I guess????

uh, yeah, JuanMa destroys him. Just a pinch!

burns has a ton of heart though, i think it would make for a good fight. To be honest im kind of sick of all the safe fights, whatever happened to the wars, alot of people thought mickey ward was crazy for fighting gatti the first time and then the two of them went on to having some of the best wars in history..

P.S this is exactly why im pumped for Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley next month, someones 0 has got to go..

I dont know, just my opinion lol

Styles wise Lopez Burns would be good while it lasts. Burns is really tall and could make it tricky for Lopez. However I would pick Lopez to win big.

Burns needs to go after Fana, then maybe move up and fight Murray or Mitchell, thats where the money is.

very suprised if this comes off, I thought they'd milk a couple of easy defences out of burns before the big money spinning loss. He's done fantastic to win a world title, but if he fights Lopez it will be over in 3 rounds imo

i can't see it being that explosive

few things to bare in mind;

-Lopez is coming up in weight so Burns is the bigger man

-Lopez is a slow starter

-Burns has got a fairly decent chin, Martinez one only seemed to be a flash knockdown

i think Juanma will stop Burns but won't be until just after the mid point, either way, there'll only be one winner, there'll be no upset this time around, 100% on that

This seems a long shot. Can't see Warren offering 3 million to fight Ricky Burns. I see Burns as having a Steve Robinson style run of title defences but that won't happen if he steps in the ring with Lopez. Alot of money would need to be on the table for Burns never mind Lopez.

Warren won't let Burns take this fight. Lopez is meant to be heading to a Gamboa clash in 2012, though Arum might want to move Lopez up and keep them apart even longer.

very suprised if this comes off, I thought they'd milk a couple of easy defences out of burns before the big money spinning loss. He's done fantastic to win a world title, but if he fights Lopez it will be over in 3 rounds imo

i can't see it being that explosive

few things to bare in mind;

-Lopez is coming up in weight so Burns is the bigger man

-Lopez is a slow starter

-Burns has got a fairly decent chin, Martinez one only seemed to be a flash knockdown

i think Juanma will stop Burns but won't be until just after the mid point, either way, there'll only be one winner, there'll be no upset this time around, 100% on that

good points but Lopez looks fairly big at the weight so i dont think that will be too much of a problem. How long it lasts all hinges of how willing Burns is to engage for me. If he's confident in there I think he'll get stopped earlier.