Magee: ‘Bute just pips Froch’

Wheelchair

European super-middleweight champion Brian Magee has been given a shot at the world title with a March 19th clash against undefeated IBF king Lucian Bute.

The endearing Irishman will travel to Montreal to face the Romanian-born Canadian in his adopted hometown of Montreal. Bute who defends his title for the seventh time, will be performing in his first outing for US network Showtime after signing a multi-fight deal that should see him face the winner of the Super Six later next year.

Speaking to the Belfast Telegraph, Magee said, ‘I feel now that I have the chance of a lifetime to fight the best super-middleweight in the world at a time when I’m in the best shape of my life, I’m more of a real fighter and I’m ready to go and grab the title.’

‘Some will probably say that Carl Froch is the best in the world, but I think he [bute] probably just pips Froch. I’m twice the fighter I was when I fought Froch for the British title. A re-match with him would be a great fight if I can come through against Bute.’

The 35-year-old, who will be banking an undisclosed career-record purse went on to add, ‘A win here and I’m into life changing money, you’re a millionaire overnight.’

http://www.boxingfutures.com/news/1222-magee-bute-just-pips-froch?