Victor Ortiz: I'm here for the victory

RINGNEWS24

http://ringnews24.com/media/k2/items/cache/9a31b020f33686dc8978192633163261_S.jpg

Fighters for the Victor Ortiz vs. Luis Collazo card gathered at Gleason's Gym in Brooklyn, N.Y. to workout for the media and hold a press conference before their respective Thursday, Jan. 30 fights at Barclays Center airing live on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Deportes.

More...

Re: Victor Ortiz: I'm here for the victory

It would be pretty odd if he claimed he was here for the loss. :shocked:

Gotta' love that victor Ortiz, he's nothing if not entertaining. He also looks like he's in incredibly good condition. I hope he plows right through Collazo & gets back in the public's eye. Ortiz is magnetic, and good for a sport.

Damned good boxer-puncher, too.

Gotta' love that victor Ortiz, he's nothing if not entertaining. He also looks like he's in incredibly good condition. I hope he plows right through Collazo & gets back in the public's eye. Ortiz is magnetic, and good for a sport.

Haha, Yeah I chose a pretty average headline. Mind, I get blasted when I'm inventive with some :)

Great to see a fight like this on a Thursday, be nice to have more to fill up our weeks.

I know I do, despite all the letdowns he's given us. He's just a special character in boxing. Very rarely does one come across such a charismatic, talented and terribly unfortunate fellow. Mash him Vic!

There are a few things that really bode well for Ortiz right now:

1: He's been training with Danny Smith (Fernando Vargas. Ishe Smith) for about a year. Some say this is an odd pairing, but I disagree. Smith is big on defense & counter-punching, and I think those areas are Victors weak points. (Besides his head.) Power & aggressiveness are already there, to put it mildly. I'd love to see more head movement from Victor.

- Plus, ANY change is a good thing, most of the time. It shows a willingness to iprove, an acceptance that there are flaws.

2: He's been hanging with, and "sparring" with Ronda Rousey. Besides gaining depth from MMA type moves, it's probable that some of Rousey's mental attitude has rubbed off on Victor. She's probably like a big sister to him. If he aquired even a little of her "winner" mentality, work ethic, etc, then we may see the best Ortiz to ever enter the ring. Lord knows, he looks like he's n fantastic physical condition.

3: Victor is still plenty young enough to have a good career, and nowhere near his "starting to slow down" point.

There are a few things that really bode well for Ortiz right now:

1: He's been training with Danny Smith (Fernando Vargas. Ishe Smith) for about a year. Some say this is an odd pairing, but I disagree. Smith is big on defense & counter-punching, and I think those areas are Victors weak points. (Besides his head.) Power & aggressiveness are already there, to put it mildly. I'd love to see more head movement from Victor.

- Plus, ANY change is a good thing, most of the time. It shows a willingness to iprove, an acceptance that there are flaws.

2: He's been hanging with, and "sparring" with Ronda Rousey. Besides gaining depth from MMA type moves, it's probable that some of Rousey's mental attitude has rubbed off on Victor. She's probably like a big sister to him. If he aquired even a little of her "winner" mentality, work ethic, etc, then we may see the best Ortiz to ever enter the ring. Lord knows, he looks like he's n fantastic physical condition.

3: Victor is still plenty young enough to have a good career, and nowhere near his "starting to slow down" point.

Well, that's good news, lets hope it proves to be true. And about nr.3, yes, that's one of his big advantages-he still got plenty of time to correct all the mistakes. Had he screwed up later in life, it would be harder.