Roger Mayweather thinks Khan is a bigger fight than Maidana

RINGNEWS24

Re: Roger Mayweather thinks Khan is a bigger fight than Maidana

I'm quite happy with Khan getting the shot. I was abit dubious before and it's always fun to see Khan talk-up a fight and then get Ko'd.

But, Khan beat Maidana and that's good enough for me. Maidana beat the over-confident Broner who had trained on Twinkies. Khan with his speed will give Mayweather problems early on.

Khan with his speed will give Mayweather problems early on.

--- Maybe Khan breaks out his Kotelnik running defense that could be a problem, otherwise the idea is to put some power back into Floydy's career record which should be quite easy. Khan is very hittable and can't hold a punch as the incessant interference of Joe Cortez proved in the Maidana fight.

Floydy, Ward, and Popcorns are all on record post fight recently claiming they had their man hurt in their last few fights and went for the KO. It tells me these p4p feather dusters are developing a complex, esp Popcorns, so they're looking for glass chins to demolish. Who in his right mind wants to fight the new Maidana? Best to say he won't do enough business and fight the easier opponent, Khan.

--- Maybe Khan breaks out his Kotelnik running defense that could be a problem, otherwise the idea is to put some power back into Floydy's career record which should be quite easy. Khan is very hittable and can't hold a punch as the incessant interference of Joe Cortez proved in the Maidana fight.

Floydy, Ward, and Popcorns are all on record post fight recently claiming they had their man hurt in their last few fights and went for the KO. It tells me these p4p feather dusters are developing a complex, esp Popcorns, so they're looking for glass chins to demolish. Who in his right mind wants to fight the new Maidana? Best to say he won't do enough business and fight the easier opponent, Khan.

I agree with you and certainly Maidana poses a threat, though I think he would get out-hustled by Floyd.

Khan, while lacking in the jaw section, would have his success and win rounds purely by boxing. The wheels would come-off eventually, from a timed hook.

We both know that it needs to be Manny, in the other corner but as that seems a distant memory, then I'd enjoy a Mayweather vs Khan fight - probably more for the end result.

I see that the speed factor is the thing that is often bought up regarding this fight. But Judah had speed. De La Hoya had speed. It's about the ring IQ and Khan has very little of it. It's a waste of time and it won't do well on PPV at all unless they stack it. Khan won't bring over the masses like Hatton did but the Americans don't seem to understand this. They think we support anyone which isn't true.