Roy Jones not ready to finish yet - feels 27 years old

WelshDevilRob

By Yuri Tarantin

On December 21st in Moscow, former four division world champion Roy Jones Jr. (56-8, 40KOs), 44-years-old, will take on 36-year-old Frenchman Zine Eddine Benmakhlouf (17-3-1, 8KOs). Jones, fighting in the cruiserweight division, says he doesn't have any plans to retire in the near future. Jones will return for the first time since the controversial June 2012 victory over Pawel Glazewski in Poland.

"I am delighted to be back in Russia. I hope to make history here again. I intend to win all of the titles. I'm back and I'm in good shape. I'm going to show some good boxing [in the ring]. I trained very well for this fight, because I'm always ready, I set out to win. I feel like I'm 27, 28-years-old, and I could box for 25 more years," Jones said.

Yuri Tarantin covers boxing for Allboxing.ru

Re: Roy Jones not ready to finish yet - feels 27 years old

He can't box now, let alone in 25 years. Guys who are gonna "win all the belts" do not lose to the Danny Greens of this world.

I don't even know why he puts this stuff out. I guess when your not getting any attention at all, then even the cynical backlash from your critics is a welcome sight.

By Yuri Tarantin

I feel like I'm 27, 28-years-old, and I could box for 25 more years," Jones said.

--- Now guys, Roy's just selling the fight. And he's not really shot, he just not a phenom any more, mainly due to his now weak legs that are the cause of all his "chin" problems.

Sure, sometimes I feel like I'm 27, but the thing is, it don't last as long as it did when I really was 27 when it lasted the whole year! Roy should have a cakewalk with this Frenchman as long as he legs don't cave on him. Damn shame he didn't get proper credit for knocking out Popcorns. You chaps would have a lot more respect for him and he wouldn't have dropped so far in the Ring rankings.

--- Now guys, Roy's just selling the fight. And he's not really shot, he just not a phenom any more, mainly due to his now weak legs that are the cause of all his "chin" problems.

Sure, sometimes I feel like I'm 27, but the thing is, it don't last as long as it did when I really was 27 when it lasted the whole year! Roy should have a cakewalk with this Frenchman as long as he legs don't cave on him. Damn shame he didn't get proper credit for knocking out Popcorns. You chaps would have a lot more respect for him and he wouldn't have dropped so far in the Ring rankings.

His best days were back in the 90's and we all know that - he was magic then.

I agree about the quotes - though maybe Roy is forgetting that the Russians use the internet aswell, we sure do get some downloads off them guys.

One of my favourite fighters and while he still beats many, he has fallen along way from his height.