Bernard Hopkins: I'm the special one

Wheelchair

Bernard Hopkins vowed to prove that he is "special" as he arrived in Quebec City, Canada for Saturday's showdown with Jean Pascal for the IBO and WBC light-heavyweight titles.

The age-defying, 45-year-old Hopkins (51-5-1 32KOs) would become the oldest fighter in the history of boxing to win a prominent world title if he can better of Pascal (26-1 16KOs), who is 17 years his junior.

"This goes beyond being a champion," said Hopkins. "This is a grand opportunity. It is a situation I don't take for granted. Saturday night you will see something unique.

"A 45-year-old man in a young man's body is an amazing thing. I am here to prove that I can still compete and that I am something special."

"What do I have to lose? He [Pascal] has 16,000 fans coming to see him. That many people make a lot of noise and I am going to use that to my advantage.

"The crowd is my inspiration. I think I am going to gain some Canadian fans when they see what I do against Pascal. I am 100 percent ready and it is going to be an amazing fight."

http://www.sportinglife.com/boxing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=boxing/10/12/15/manual_085144.html