Saul Alvarez May Leave Mexico, Relocate To California

The_budweiser

According to reports in Mexico, there is a good chance that unbeaten Mexican star Saul "Canelo" Alvarez will move from Mexico to Los Angeles to further enhance his rising career. Next year Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya will begin building Canelo's career in the Los Angeles area which holds a big Mexican population. In 2011, De La Hoya wants to stage three fights involving Canelo in Los Angeles and the fourth to be staged in Mexico. A language coach will be hired to teach Canelo to speak English.

"At 20 years of age, he's doing things that I had never dreamed of doing, that Julio Cesar Chavez would not have dreamed of doing," said De La Hoya. "I personally see him as a mixture of Chávez and myself. He has the courage, desire, he's a proud Mexican, he's ready, he's good looking, and has the fans on their side."

• 3 weeks later...

Alvarez-Senchenko in March?

By Gabriel F. Cordero

Looks like hot Mexican prospect Saul “Canelo” Alvarez will be fighting WBA welterweight champion Senchenko with potential sites places being Las Vegas, Los Angeles or a city in Texas. Other sources indicate that the details aren’t finalized, and if the fight isn’t ultimately made there is the option Euro champ Matthew Hatton. “Canelo” has confirmed the March 5 date.

"At 20 years of age, he's doing things that I had never dreamed of doing, that Julio Cesar Chavez would not have dreamed of doing," said De La Hoya. "I personally see him as a mixture of Chávez and myself. He has the courage, desire, he's a proud Mexican, he's ready, he's good looking, and has the fans on their side."

if he can only do half of the two...chapeau !!!

......Mexican red-haired....Irish ancestors, combining entertainment between two great races of fighters !!!